PDA

View Full Version : Question about token visibility

Skeex
December 22nd, 2019, 16:10
Is there a way to make the tokens for hostile NPCs mask sensitive by default rather than setting them one by one?

What I'm trying to do is load an encounter into the CT and leave the mobs hidden until the PCs have them in LOS. At which point I can reveal them in the CT. What would be perfect is if seeing the mob would also automatically reveal it in the CT but I guess that's not possible.

Zacchaeus
December 22nd, 2019, 18:05
Hi Skeex, welcome to FG.

Tokens are placed on the map with mask sensitive on by default. However the mask is a different thing from the LOS function. The mask is what exists today in Classic and basically greys out the map for the players until the DM clears the area. Tokens will still be invisible even in a cleared area until the DM makes them visible - which makes them visible in both the map and the CT. Tokens which then move back under the mask will become invisible on the map but remain visible on the CT. The mask is available in Unity as well and works the same way as it does in Classic. You can have both the mask and LOS on if you want.

So, in summary if you want the kind of granular control you are talking about you will need to fiddle with making each token visible when the players can see them on the map.