PDA

View Full Version : Moving Perception

Camellen
December 22nd, 2019, 05:02
Perception is no longer a skill in Pathfinder 2, but it's location in the skills section on Fantasy Grounds has caused some confusion among my players about the fact. Even though I have repeated the fact, a player recently used a skill increase to improve perception. If it was moved to another location, we could prevent such confusion with players new to the edition. Perhaps it could be moved to the combat page instead?

Trenloe
December 22nd, 2019, 05:35
I’ll look into it.

Larsenex
December 22nd, 2019, 14:52
Perception is a skill but has specific times it can be increased as listed in each class.

Dr0W
December 22nd, 2019, 15:29
Perception is a skill but has specific times it can be increased as listed in each class.

Actually no, it's not. It's not listed under skills, there is no mention of it being a skill anywhere in the book and every single spell and effect that gives bonuses to Perception and skills have both mentioned (Example: Ageless Patience You can voluntarily spend twice as much time as normal on a Perception check or skill check to gain a +2 circumstance bonus to that check. ). Even though it does work like most skills, so do other things like saving throws and they are not considered skills. If you get an spell that gives bonus to all you skill rolls, perception should not be increased.

Trenloe
December 22nd, 2019, 16:11
Perception is different to skills. So far the PFRPG2 ruleset has treated it in a hybrid form, but ultimately as a skill - for example, effects for all skill checks will also affect perception checks. To completely disconnect Perception from skills would take quite a bit of code, and I need to consider exactly how I want to do that - and how this would impact all of the characters already created. I have some ideas, but it's not high on the priority list...