PDA

View Full Version : Asset Manager Opening Wrong Folder?

darrenan
December 21st, 2019, 14:14
If I open Assets, select Images at the top, double click on the Campaign bag and then click the Folder button, shouldn't it open the Campaign Images folder? Instead, it opens the global images folder in the root of the data directory. Not sure if this is by-design or not, but if it is it's very misleading design.

Zacchaeus
December 21st, 2019, 17:51
I'm not sure I understand. The folder button opens the global folder no matter where you click it from; since that's what it does i.e. open the global folder. If you are looking for images from the campaign then they'll be visible in assets>images>Campaign

darrenan
December 21st, 2019, 18:19
It's an easy assumption to make that the folder button is context sensitive. Not a correct assumption, I understand. It's just a UI issue. Maybe fix the text on the button, or add a tooltip to clarify?

Moon Wizard
December 26th, 2019, 19:19
I went back and forth a little on that. With the implementation of the global images folder, it's no longer obvious where a "Folder" button should navigate to. However, since the other contexts (tokens and portraits) only have a global folder, I decided to match up with those, at the time I changed, for expediency.

I can see the argument that most images are campaign specific, so probably shouldn't be stored in the global images. I'm probably going to change back for now, and look into whether it makes sense to have any specific button for global images. (It's not that hard to find from the main global folder.)

Regards,
JPG