PDA

View Full Version : well..there goes my testing

Sgain
December 19th, 2019, 02:07
Hi all;
Well I updated today and can no longer connect via my network to my hosted game.
Before this last update I was able to use my Ultimate account on two of my networked computers to join my game and test things.
Now I can't.
When are you going to open demo accounts so I can get back to converting my campaigns and testing them?
You've kind of ruined my Christmas with this.
I use FG at my tabletop for maps and player aids and have done so for years and I've been exporting my campaigns to FGU and playing around with it to show it off. Now that's pooched.

Oh well.

stewartl42
December 19th, 2019, 04:28
You can always run two copies of FG on one local machine. No need for a second computer.

I just updated to the latest and tried this with a cloud game. Works like a champ for testing.

And certainly no need for Beta software to ruin your Christmas...

LordEntrails
December 19th, 2019, 05:19
Please, try to take a breath and step back. We all want the best for FGU, we all are excited, but we all need to manage our own expectations and keep things in proper perspective. Thanks!

Its a bummer you are bummed at the moment, but please try to understand, stuff is going to break. FGU is not at the point where it's really early production software just called beta software. It is still in development. Their is stuff that hasn't even been implemented yet. Its not even ready yet for network testing. i.e. having players connect.

The developers have stated over and over again that Beta testing is NOT for game play at this point of time. They have tried to set expectations that this is a BETA test meaning that stuff will break, that you should not expect to be able to play, that at times stuff simple won't work.

Trenloe
December 20th, 2019, 13:23
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?52837-Demo-Client-Testing-(Not-Live-Play)

Merry_Mayhem
December 20th, 2019, 23:08
I can verify that you can run the demo in a different folder then classic and they both seems to be running just fine for me. I plan to have 2 completely different installed once FGU goes live.

Trenloe
December 21st, 2019, 04:20
I can verify that you can run the demo in a different folder then classic and they both seems to be running just fine for me. I plan to have 2 completely different installed once FGU goes live.
I'd be very careful with essentially having 2 installs of FGU on the same computer - it's really not designed to work that way. Plus, there's not really any need for it - you can run a second instance of a single install and connect to the GM instance using localhost for the "Join By IP" data.

Merry_Mayhem
December 21st, 2019, 12:03
I meant I have one directory running FG Classic while the other directory is running FGU Demo, I am not planing to run 2 version of FGU but do expect to keep classic running for a bit until I switch over completely to FGU.

Trenloe
December 21st, 2019, 12:05
I meant I have one directory running FG Classic while the other directory is running FGU Demo, I am not planing to run 2 version of FGU but do expect to keep classic running for a bit until I switch over completely to FGU.
Cool. It's designed to do just that. :)

YAKO SOMEDAKY
December 21st, 2019, 13:13
I've been doing this since the kickstarter link was announced one directory for FGC and one directory for FGU and I'm looking forward to being able to show the FGU running at full speed in lives!
Eu venho fazendo isso desde que o link do kickstarter foi anunciado, um diretório para o FGC e um diretório para a FGU e estou ansioso para poder mostrar o FGU rodando a todo vapor em lives!

Sgain
December 21st, 2019, 20:03
well it looks like Santa came early.
Thanks Smiteworks for fixing this issue. It was a real bug up my tail.