PDA

View Full Version : Resetting FoW on LoS

Patou
December 19th, 2019, 01:37
Will there be a way to reset the FoW for the players in the future without having to unveil the whole map when clicking the LoS button each time? Will there be things like a persistent FoW for those dark areas? Are u guys waiting for token option/controls to be available before pushing these future things?

That's it...... no more questions your honor;)

Pat

LordEntrails
December 19th, 2019, 05:21
Can't you still use the mask in conjunction with FOW?

Patou
December 19th, 2019, 11:43
Last I used that I was having issues. I haven't tried it since. Have u tried it in conjunction with LoS?

LordEntrails
December 19th, 2019, 16:17
No :(

Moon Wizard
December 19th, 2019, 21:05
I've added to a feature request list. Also, I believe that you can hold Shift while dragging as GM to avoid LOS/FOW updating in between drag start and drag end; when you want to move PCs between areas.

For a workaround, you can remove, and re-add, the token to clear the FOW. This should be fairly quick for any CT-linked tokens.

Regards,
JPG

Patou
December 19th, 2019, 23:43
I've added to a feature request list. Also, I believe that you can hold Shift while dragging as GM to avoid LOS/FOW updating in between drag start and drag end; when you want to move PCs between areas.

For a workaround, you can remove, and re-add, the token to clear the FOW. This should be fairly quick for any CT-linked tokens.

Regards,
JPG

Thanks for the Time:) Works great!

This evening I'm testing out LoS with the mask. It works well with LoS when you want to limit vision but it permanently unmasks the npc's despite being outside the player token LoS. Look at my attachment on my view and the player view. My npc's don't disappear anymore when not in the field of vision30926

Then... with the Mask deleted everything comes back to normal. So i guess it's one or the other for now. Below is with the mask

This is the table screen being the player view via a local ip. (local and private connection)

Patou
December 19th, 2019, 23:56
I've also noticed that the echo of the mask remains on screen and is then after still not unveiled by the LoS and it blocks movement on the player's side.

On my screen(DM) i traveled beyond the Mask and when so this happened on the player's screen30929

Well have to be careful not to drag a player token if i remove the mask.

Recape: Masked deleted by DM still masks the player's side and blocks movement but then allows LoS to not reveal the npc's if not in its field of view.

Patou
December 20th, 2019, 00:17
In this instance I activated the Mask and unmasked the area of the npc's. U can see this on my screen and the players only see the npc's tokens.30930

This is getting confusing for me.. oufff.

Moon Wizard
December 20th, 2019, 01:10
Thanks for reporting. I've filed the NPC token visibility as FGU-828; and I think that the player side mask removal issue is already being tracked as FGU-764.

Regards,
JPG