PDA

View Full Version : Eberron 5E Artificer Spell Slots Problem

BigRo1906
December 18th, 2019, 23:43
I apologize if this has been addressed previously and I've missed it. I purchased Eberron - Rising from the Last War because a player in my Baldur's Gate: Descent into Avernus campaign wanted to run an Artificer. We have tried everything under the sun, but we cannot get the spell slots to show correctly. He is currently 4th level and should have 3-1st level spell slots and NO 2nd level spell slots (checked this against the book and the FG Class information). FG keeps showing him having a 2nd level spell slot. I've deleted his character and rebuilt it and each time FG keeps adding additional spell slots once he levels. Any advice to what I'm doing wrong or if this has been addressed and fixed would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

G.X.

Zacchaeus
December 20th, 2019, 22:23
Hi BigRo welcome to FG.

The Artificer is actually a half caster but gets their spells at first level which kind of blows the way FG works out the water. FG expects a caster who gets spells at first level to be a full caster.

However there is a solution. Open up the Class and level data (click the magnifying glass at the end of the line) and change the 1x to 1/2x by clicking on the box. See the screenshot. This will now give the character the correct spell progression.

BigRo1906
December 20th, 2019, 23:24
Thank you Zacchaeus! That did the trick. Appreciate the quick response.

Zacchaeus
December 21st, 2019, 09:34
Thank you Zacchaeus! That did the trick. Appreciate the quick response.

Two days is not a quick response :)

I completely missed your post first time around and only noticed it by chance yesterday.

Bonkon
December 25th, 2019, 19:56
Two days is not a quick response :)

I completely missed your post first time around and only noticed it by chance yesterday.

Good Day All :)
LOL!! Only on the FG forums would this replay be appropriate!! This community is so amazing and awesome! :)