PDA

View Full Version : [SWADE] under version 4.0

amerigoV
December 14th, 2019, 01:09
Here is what I saw. This is all from a campaign created with FGU (not an old FGC campaign). I am a bit confused on the version. It says 4.0 on the launch page but the release notes are 3.3.9 (hence the 3.3.9 in the file names).

Character Creation - better. Derived stats look to be calculating correctly now. Still an error when you click the + to create a character. See attached screenshot for error. Otherwise, it let me create the character. Still not showing the dice on the initial drag/drop (have to close/reopen) and the free skills under SWADE are not populating.

Combat
1. When I drag/drop and NPC/PC in the combat tracker, it makes another entry with it. I can delete the extra entry without issues. In the attached example, I added the dog/wolf and you see there is an extra entry attached to it.

2. Pointers do not draw like they do under FGC - really do not draw at all (does not make a circle or cone as defined in the ruleset)

3. There are brackets in the ruleset. Looks like where there would be double quotes its being replace by []

4. Drag and drop damage onto the map token or onto the entity in the combat tracker generates error (attached). Just double clicking the dice or dragging into the dice box works fine.

5. Not sure if it was due to the sluggishness, but having an effect on the quickbar did not always easily drag and drop onto a character in the combat tracker (even while actually being patient and waiting for the icon to switch to a hand and then grab it). It works most of the time, but noticeably inconsistent.

6. This might be a regular ruleset issue. I was using a Drake. The Breathe Weapon was targeting against parry vs. just TN 4.

Mortar
December 14th, 2019, 01:22
FGU is version 4.0.0 of Fantasy Grounds. The current CoreRPG ruleset for both FG Classic and Unity is 3.3.9. They have no real relation to each other.

The boxes you are seeing could be due to 2 reasons:

The first being because the font used doesn't have that particular character in the font definition.

The second reason being that the module creator didn't use the html/decimal code that FGU is expecting. FGC and FGU use different character encoding so you will likely see a lot of this until the various community developers get a chance to go through their products.

amerigoV
December 15th, 2019, 15:18
FGU is version 4.0.0 of Fantasy Grounds. The current CoreRPG ruleset for both FG Classic and Unity is 3.3.9. They have no real relation to each other.

Thanks for clarifying that!

Moon Wizard
December 19th, 2019, 21:02
Ok, I have this bookmarked to look at and document for internal debugging and testing. However, neither Carl nor I are SWADE players. So, I'd like to ask anyone who is familiar with the SWADE system to help out by providing step by step instructions that Carl and I can use to recreate the issue in a brand new campaign.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards,
JPG

Mortar
December 19th, 2019, 22:14
Character Creation: Brand new campaign, no modules open at this point. Characters sidebar button, hitting the green + to add a character produces the following error:

[12/19/2019 5:11:33 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Script execution error: [string "charsheet/scripts/template_derbase.lua"]:213: bad argument #1 to 'sub' (string expected, got nil)
[12/19/2019 5:11:33 PM] [WARNING] Frame tabs contains out-of-range values in BottomLeft.

As the OP said, you are still able to continue creating the character.

For Attributes and Skills: On the open character sheet, right click an attribute field, Click to Assign a die to the attribute (radial icon with 3 die shapes in it), pick a die (doesn't matter which one). You are unable to see the die selection on the character sheet until you close it and reopen.

For skills its the same issue after dragging it onto the character sheet from the SWADE PG. The die is not visible until after closing/reopening the character sheet.

Every time you open/reopen a character sheet the error re-pops.

Character set issues There are still characters that are not displayed correctly. Likely those silly double smart quotes that FG seems to dislike :D

Combat

1. New Campaign, with SWADE GM open. Open the Combat Tracker and drag any NPC onto it. A blank entry is created under the NPC you dragged to the CT. These blank entries are folded into the actual NPC once the "Next Round" button is clicked to start combat.

2. The only pointer that seems to draw correctly for me is the Arrorw.

4. Have 2 combatants on the CT, drag both to the map. It doesn't matter whether one combatant has the other targeted or not - dragging dice from the character sheet to the token on the map produces this error:

[12/19/2019 5:40:03 PM] [WARNING] setValue: Recursive call terminated for (buttoncontrol) (isidentified)
[12/19/2019 5:40:03 PM] [WARNING] setValue: Recursive call terminated for (databasenode) (combattracker.combatantgroups.id-00001.combatants.id-00002.friendfoe)
[12/19/2019 5:40:47 PM] [NOTICE] Campaign saved.
[12/19/2019 5:45:47 PM] [NOTICE] Campaign saved.
[12/19/2019 5:50:47 PM] [NOTICE] Campaign saved.
[12/19/2019 5:55:47 PM] [NOTICE] Campaign saved.
[12/19/2019 5:59:26 PM] [WARNING] setValue: Recursive call terminated for (buttoncontrol) (isidentified)
[12/19/2019 5:59:26 PM] [WARNING] setValue: Recursive call terminated for (databasenode) (combattracker.combatantgroups.id-00002.combatants.id-00002.friendfoe)
[12/19/2019 6:00:47 PM] [NOTICE] Campaign saved.
[12/19/2019 6:00:52 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_rolls.lua"]:734: bad argument #1 to 'ipairs' (table expected, got no value)
[12/19/2019 6:01:17 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_rolls.lua"]:734: bad argument #1 to 'ipairs' (table expected, got no value)
[12/19/2019 6:01:27 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_rolls.lua"]:734: bad argument #1 to 'ipairs' (table expected, got no value)
[12/19/2019 6:03:07 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_rolls.lua"]:734: bad argument #1 to 'ipairs' (table expected, got no value)
[12/19/2019 6:03:12 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_rolls.lua"]:734: bad argument #1 to 'ipairs' (table expected, got no value)
[12/19/2019 6:05:47 PM] [NOTICE] Campaign saved.

In this case I dragged 2 drakes to the CT and had one attack the other, both are still identified as foes on the CT (so that's likely the source of the setValue Warnings).

My testing campaign is attached as well.