PDA

View Full Version : BECMI - monster Manual

vainazzo
December 13th, 2019, 23:29
So I’ve been playing with Damned’s Basic dnd Ruleset. Does anyone have a xml diagram for npcs? I’m going to start building out the monster manual

Trenloe
December 13th, 2019, 23:35
Does anyone have a xml diagram for npcs?
Best way is to create a dummy NPC and fill out all the fields. Exit FG and then look at the data in the campaign db.xml file - it'll be under a id-XXXXX tag (where XXXXX = 00001 for the first entry, etc.) in the <npc> section.

damned
December 14th, 2019, 00:02
Hey vainazzo

Thats a project that has stalled. Im releasing a new MoreCore version this weekend that will have small updates on NPC sheets.
If you would like - please test a small number of monsters and come back to me and we can discuss what things could/should be added to the sheets so that you can build a longer term version.

Talen
December 14th, 2019, 00:41
Just going on record as yet another that would be interested in a BECMI product!

vainazzo
December 14th, 2019, 02:44
Ok, I will. I did notice some fields that where not listed in my basic handbooks from the redbox in your version. I was trying to line everything up. I have most of it in a spreadsheet and I was going to script the xml generation :)

Hey vainazzo

Thats a project that has stalled. Im releasing a new MoreCore version this weekend that will have small updates on NPC sheets.
If you would like - please test a small number of monsters and come back to me and we can discuss what things could/should be added to the sheets so that you can build a longer term version.

damned
December 14th, 2019, 04:27
You will need to use descriptions from the 3.5 OGL monsters as well as an OGL license statement.

vainazzo
December 15th, 2019, 03:36
You will need to use descriptions from the 3.5 OGL monsters as well as an OGL license statement.

Is a Hero Point XP?

damned
December 15th, 2019, 04:05
No a Hero Point is for systems that have story points or reward points or bonus points that can be used to influence the story, reroll a dice, gain a clue etc.
They are a MoreCore feature rather than a DbD feature.

vainazzo
December 15th, 2019, 04:06
ok, thanks... I'm still sorting the data hopefully I can have something in a day or so.

Sinless
December 18th, 2019, 03:22
Damned’s Basic dnd Ruleset you say? Where could a person find this ruleset?

vainazzo
December 18th, 2019, 04:10
Damned’s Basic dnd Ruleset you say? Where could a person find this ruleset?

https://fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?46553-MoreCore-Coding-Tutorials&p=428689&viewfull=1#post428689

damned
December 18th, 2019, 05:08
https://fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?46553-MoreCore-Coding-Tutorials&p=428689&viewfull=1#post428689

Well... very much still a WiP but will progress it with feedback...

vainazzo
December 18th, 2019, 11:57
Well... very much still a WiP but will progress it with feedback...
What is the blank field for next to here points? Can the non essential ones be removed?

damned
December 18th, 2019, 12:16
What is the blank field for next to here points? Can the non essential ones be removed?

PC Sheet, NPC Sheet? Can you be more specific?
Best also to make a list of the changes you think are needed in order and Ill see what I can do.

vainazzo
December 20th, 2019, 03:39
PC Sheet, NPC Sheet? Can you be more specific?
Best also to make a list of the changes you think are needed in order and Ill see what I can do.

Currently we have the following under NPC:
Size
Reach
Hero Point
BLANK
HP
AC
HD
THAC0
Number
Move
Morale