PDA

View Full Version : [LFP] 5E Saltmarsh Campaign (THU 8:30pm Mountain)

lordjeb
December 13th, 2019, 21:20
UPDATE 1/24/2020: I've had a few players who can't continue, and would like to pick up 1-2 more to round out the group.

FG License: DM has Ultimate license (players only need demo license)
Game System: D&D 5E
Time Zone: Mountain Time (with DST adjustment - I'm in Utah)
Day of week and time: Thursday 8:30pm-11:30pm MST (3 hours)
Planned Duration & Frequency: 2.5-3 hours, every week
Term: Long-term
Text or Voice: Voice
Voice software used: Discord
Will this be recorded and/or live streamed? No
Roleplay & Combat mix: 50/50
Number of Players needed: 6
Character requirements:
• 2nd-level, use standard array or 27-point-buy from PHB for ability scores
• NO Evil alignment
• Feats are allowed, variant humans allowed, no Dark Elves (cause they're evil, don't you know?)
• Approved sources: 5e PHB, Xanathar's

This campaign will be based on the Ghosts of Saltmarsh hardcover, set in Keoland in the Greyhawk setting. I'm primarily a rules-as-written (RAW) DM, just because I think it keeps things simple, and allows everyone to make character selections with a consistent baseline. Players are currently about a third of the way through the haunted house adventure (Sinister Secrets in Saltmarsh). The party currently has a Wizard, Cleric, and Rogue. Our next game session will be Feb 6.

If you are interested, PM me an brief introduction, and a few sentences about what kind of character you would like to play.

About Me: I am a mid-40s single parent who needs a gaming outlet after kids are in bed. Started playing D&D in the early 80s with Basic/1e, and have played D&D and others on and off ever since. Looking for a mature group who can have a good mix of gaming and fun.

Paladin's Pride
December 14th, 2019, 04:43
Hi, I'm an experienced DM of more than 20 years, but I don't really get to play very much. This sounds like it's going to be a good game, and fits my schedule perfectly (account for time zone differences). Saltmarsh sounds like a good game for the character I wanted to play (Todgy Feastfriend, a lawful good stout halfling rogue), who is a simple-soul, Samwise Gamgee type. Let me know if you'd like more info!

Beholder64
December 14th, 2019, 08:10
Hi, I have been playing d&d 5e for 5 months now and know my way around FG. I would love to join your campaign! I would roll a druid or ranger..

bullywug
December 14th, 2019, 23:52
I've not played 5e in a couple of years but I would love to get back into it. I used to run local games in Fantasy Grounds in 4e and 5e. I can play what ever type of character you need.

Gibson400
December 15th, 2019, 04:07
Hi,
I'd be very interested. I'm in your time zone (Arizona) and can work with the schedule. I've been DMing since the mid 80's & rarely get to play so this would be a welcome change. I am well versed in Fantasy Grounds. I was thinking of playing a rogue type that would eventually become the swashbuckler arch-type tailored around Indigo Montoya from Princess Pride. Could also play a straight fighter type or cleric

LordGalencia
December 15th, 2019, 17:47
Hello!! I love playing Pathfinder and Starfinder and have played for about 5 years. I’m looking to try out 5e and get in the game! Perfect time and day of the week for me I’ll always be available. I prefer a high level of character personality development and enjoy the role play aspects of DnD. Let me know if you all are wanting to start this week, I’m available to start whenever and looking for a long term group! Thanks for your consideration. I also have a standard membership and would be willing to learn how to dm dnd.

Jagerkiller
December 17th, 2019, 07:29
Do you still need players? please PM me to let know cause i would like to join if possible

LordGalencia
December 19th, 2019, 23:25
Are we on for tonight at 8:30 PM or should I look for another group?

lordjeb
December 19th, 2019, 23:33
I have sent out PMs to the players that will be invited to the game. Thanks for your interest, and I'll be closing this thread now.

lordjeb
January 24th, 2020, 18:49
Reopening this, looking for a couple more players to join us...

Dareus
January 24th, 2020, 19:14
I'm still interested. I sent you PM the first time around.

Evandier
January 29th, 2020, 18:08
I would love to play

NowhereMan1990
January 29th, 2020, 19:15
Hey,

I have plenty of experience using Fantasy Grounds and the 5e ruleset, and I have a background in acting/voice acting. I'd really like to play a Tinkerer Gnome, specifically this Artificer Variant (https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Artificer,_3rd_Variant_(5e_Class)). I really like the Mechanical Servant's rules, and I think it'd make for a fun and memorable character. If you think it would work in your campaign, then I'd love to join!

Drop me a message if you need any more information.

Volrath
January 30th, 2020, 01:05
Hello! I'm interested in playing and new to FG! What are the next steps in getting into a game?

Alfred22
January 30th, 2020, 19:34
Hi, i bought FG about a month ago, but havent tried it yet.
I DM for some friends IRL. We've only had 5 sessions so far but its been good.
Havent been able to play as a player yet though.
My native lenguage is spanish but im fluent in english so it shouldnt be a problem.
Hoping to play a circle of the Moon human Druid

ArcherPharis
February 2nd, 2020, 07:08
Interested in applying if you still have slots open.

sirmax224
February 2nd, 2020, 17:45
Hey, I'm a university student in the central time zone. I only just joined my first ever campaign but am looking for more DnD! I'm new but I learn pretty quickly, and I'm not crazy about super-heavy roleplay. I don't have any strong preferences for class or race, I'd be happy to fill whatever niche (though I'm a barbarian in my other campaign so preferably something different). Hit me up if you're interested!