PDA

View Full Version : Lines in the dial text

warhuck
December 12th, 2019, 12:13
I have been seeing this text issue since I downloaded the FGU. I don't know if this has been reported and I am not finding the information on it.

As you can see in the image files that I have included I am getting a line through the text on the dial menus. This is the only place I am getting this contextual error.

Can someone help.

Thank you

P.S. I have included a third image that show the hotkey bar at the bottom that seems to having some "graphical issues" ???

Moon Wizard
December 12th, 2019, 17:33
What OS are you running on?
What is your display scaling set to for your OS?
Are you using any application compatibility settings for FGU?

I've seen a similar issue when we run FGU in the Unity debug editor, but not in the Live release. Basically, it's a seam where the pieces of the background frame do not join 100%, but it only seems to happen when some sort of display scaling is being done.

Regards,
JPG

warhuck
December 12th, 2019, 21:36
mis post

warhuck
December 12th, 2019, 21:39
I am running Win 10

1920 x 1080 (Recommended) --- LG 23EA63 monitor using a Radeon RX 580 series graphics card. also a second monitor (but only using FGU on one screen) LG MP59HT monitor.

I have selected run as administrator in the compatibility settings. (if that is what your asking).

Moon Wizard
December 12th, 2019, 22:20
Do your Radeon drivers have any per-application settings that might be causing scaling?

Have you changed any compatibility settings on a screen like this one?

Just trying to figure out how prevalent this is; or whether there is a specific setting which causes this.

Thanks,
JPG

Moon Wizard
December 12th, 2019, 22:20
Do your Radeon drivers have any per-application settings that might be causing scaling?

Have you changed any compatibility settings on a screen like this one?

Just trying to figure out how prevalent this is; or whether there is a specific setting which causes this.

Thanks,
JPG

mattekure
December 13th, 2019, 01:00
I see this behavior as well.

I have a Radeon 570, running at 1680x1050 resolution. I have no scaling done. Windows display is set to 100% for scale and layout. In my Radeon settings, I have no per-application settings applied for FG.
Example:

Windows Settings

Radeon Global Settings

Radeon Display Settings

Compatibility Settings

Mortar
December 13th, 2019, 01:10
I just spotted this myself, only in the radial menu tool tips. 1920x1080 screen, no scaling applied anywhere.

warhuck
December 13th, 2019, 08:25
In the screenshot example you provided the only box I have checked is run as administrator.'

Also no scaling in the AMD Radeon app. Just running normal settings.

Also I just updated the AMD Radeon app and the drivers so I am up to date on those as well.

Moon Wizard
December 13th, 2019, 19:53
Thanks, everyone. I think this must be a result of the way that the Radeon card/drivers work in some configurations. I've added a task to look into this. (FGU-814)

Regards,
JPG

warhuck
December 13th, 2019, 20:55
Thank you for your help and your time looking into this. I know it is not game breaking, but wanted someone to know.

I do remember having a similar issue once before on another program and it turned out to be a matter of a font issue and that I was missing a particular font that was apart of window 97, but was not included in window xp. I was wondering if that may have been the case, or if like you said was something with the Radeon drivers.

I don't see the issue anywhere else. I did go and try different settings to see if the issue would be resolved, but I had no luck getting a proper result.

warhuck
March 4th, 2020, 08:30
I would like to update you. With the new update that was just done the Radial Dial text issue was fixed. But I am still having issues with the Hot Key boxes at the bottom of the screen.

Thank you for your work and time.

pindercarl
March 4th, 2020, 15:13
I would like to update you. With the new update that was just done the Radial Dial text issue was fixed. But I am still having issues with the Hot Key boxes at the bottom of the screen.

Thank you for your work and time.

Thanks for catching that. It should be fixed in the next update.