PDA

View Full Version : Resizing Sidebar Buttons

mozmonar
December 11th, 2019, 21:57
I am messing around with altering the MoreCore Esoterrorists extension into a Mutant City Blues 2e extension. One of the things I am trying (and failing) to work out is how to change the width of the buttons on the sidebar. in the image from the original Esoterrorist extension you can see the pentagram icon is positioned part way under the text and the text in some cases (e.g. MoreCore Locations) is clipped off.

Where and how can I change the anchoring/positioning of the these things and the width?

damned
December 12th, 2019, 02:35
I have to change the name of that button to just Locations - actually I have done that but it is still waiting for me to publish...

mozmonar
December 12th, 2019, 02:39
If possible I'd still like to know where to find the fiddly bits that determine the the anchor points and width and such as I would like to change some of it

damned
December 12th, 2019, 03:04
There are not any anchor points.
Download the Curse Of Strahd extension for 5E and you will be able to more easily find the files thet pertain to the menu in there as there are less files to look thru.

Mostly i think its in scripts/manager_desktop.lua

damned
December 12th, 2019, 03:05
actually you are already using an extension - it should be in that same file name in the extension

Trenloe
December 12th, 2019, 09:42
Some discussion and pointers in this thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?47886-5E-theme-with-with-small-right-side-buttons It's mostly about the number of buttons in the sidebar, but it does mention button sizing (post #6) and there's a skeleton extension where you could add some of the sizing commands to experiment.