PDA

View Full Version : Migration path: campaigns from FG to FGU

LordNanoc
December 11th, 2019, 20:02
Hi folks

I tried searching the forum, but was not very successful, so sorry if this was asked already:
Is there already a way to migrate a campaign from classic to unity?
If so, where do I find directions?
If not, will there be a migration path and when?

TIA for any hints :)
LordNanoc

ps: just found out, that Traveller rulesets are available in unity - "wohooo"!! Great stuff :) Getting antsy to test this.

Zacchaeus
December 11th, 2019, 20:45
Simply copy the campaign folder from the Classic FGData/campaigns folder to the Unity/campaigns one.

LordEntrails
December 12th, 2019, 06:04
Copy it, don't move it. There have been a few issues with campaigns being moved and since we are still in beta such might still happen.

boyneboy
December 24th, 2019, 19:57
Where are the campaign files located for classic and unity? I have a MacBook Pro.

Zacchaeus
December 24th, 2019, 20:07
Hi boyneboy, welcome to FG

In either case click on the folder icon at the top right of the start screen and that will open up the FGData folder. Within that you'll see the campaign folder and that's where you will find you campaign in Classic and you'll want to copy it into the same location in Unity.

boyneboy
December 24th, 2019, 20:17
That did it! Thanks and Merry Christmas!

JimSocks
December 29th, 2019, 20:33
I dont have a campaigns folder in my unity folder trees- do I need to just make one?

boyneboy
December 29th, 2019, 21:11
I dont have a campaigns folder in my unity folder trees- do I need to just make one?

That should work as long as the folder appears exactly as in the classic directory tree.

Zacchaeus
December 29th, 2019, 22:04

Are you using the demo? If not then you should have a campaign folder I think. Make sure that FG is pointing at the correct location for your FGData folder in settings.