PDA

View Full Version : Domain of Deneb System Information

esmdev
December 10th, 2019, 18:22
Beyond the Claw has been released to the FG and Steam Stores so these mods are redundant. I will leave them up for people who want them, but there will be no further support.

Beyond the Claw can be found on the FG Store (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.php?id=MGP40025GTRVMG2E) and the Steam store (https://store.steampowered.com/app/1394000/Fantasy_Grounds__Behind_the_Claw/).

The original post:

Hi.

The following information is provided in these mods. Hex Location (Sector Numbering), System UWP, Bases, Trade Codes, Travel Codes, Stellar Information and Allegiance (see screenshot below).

Deneb (388 systems)
The Spinward Marches (441 systems)
The Reft (132 systems)
The Trojan Reaches (329 systems)

These are released under the Far Future Enterprises Fair Use Policy: (here (https://www.farfuture.net/FFEFairUsePolicy2008.pdf))

Please note that this information was translated to XML and then made into a module from my personal database. While I've done quite a bit of work to ensure that the data is consistent with universally available data, there is always the chance that something might be off. I'll do what I can to fix errors but I cannot be responsible for the weirdness that is a galaxy generated by random rolls.

Also, developers are free to use the information contained within to get a head-start on commercial projects (like Beyond the Claw). I don't own this information and it is universally available so have at it.

It does not appear to be working in MGT1 at this time even with the Universal Module Extension.

03/22/2020: Fixed the description associated with the population code.
04/14/2020: Fixed worlds not correctly displaying as amber or red zones.

Trenloe
December 10th, 2019, 19:35
Note to moderators, these modules do not contain anything that isn't publicly available for non-commercial use pursuant to the Far Future Enterprises Fair Use Policy (here. (https://www.farfuture.net/FFEFairUsePolicy2008.pdf)
Great!

But please, as mentioned in the page you reference, include the disclaimer:

The Traveller game in all forms is owned by Far Future Enterprises. Copyright 1977 - 2008 Far Future Enterprises. Traveller is a registered trademark of Far Future Enterprises. Far Future permits web sites and fanzines for this game, provided it contains this notice, that Far Future is notified, and subject to a withdrawal of permission on 90 days notice. The contents of this site are for personal, non-commercial use only. Any use of Far Future Enterprises's copyrighted material or trademarks anywhere on this web site and its files should not be viewed as a challenge to those copyrights or trademarks. In addition, any program/articles/file on this site cannot be republished or distributed without the consent of the author who contributed it.

Easiest way to do that is to include a single story entry in each module.

Thanks.

esmdev
December 10th, 2019, 20:36
Easiest way to do that is to include a single story entry in each module.

Hi, thanks for the suggestion, I re-uploaded the mods to include the disclaimer. :)

esmdev
December 12th, 2019, 12:36
I reorganized the first post to better specify what is in the modules. I also added a screenshot of the Glisten subsector and the Glisten system.

The modules are not visible in MGT1 with or without the Universal Module Extension.

Talyn
December 12th, 2019, 18:16
The modules are not visible in MGT1 with or without the Universal Module Extension.

Assuming the notes are correct for the Universal Module extension, damned has not yet added MGT2 to the ruleset tags it looks for.

MadBeardMan
December 13th, 2019, 08:08
Morning,

WOW! Excellent!

Cheers,
MBM

neiatar
March 22nd, 2020, 04:35
New to FG bought Unity Ultimate for Traveller. Pulled your modules and loaded them to campaign, still learning how, and discovered bug. Only looked at a few worlds so far but in every one I looked at the Population description box is talking about weapon restrictions not population size and also the box is not expandable to be able to read all of the description for some of the info. Very happy to see all this being done though. Keep up the great work.

Alf

esmdev
March 22nd, 2020, 09:29
New to FG bought Unity Ultimate for Traveller. Pulled your modules and loaded them to campaign, still learning how, and discovered bug. Only looked at a few worlds so far but in every one I looked at the Population description box is talking about weapon restrictions not population size and also the box is not expandable to be able to read all of the description for some of the info. Very happy to see all this being done though. Keep up the great work.

Alf

Hi, the population description has been fixed. Thanks for catching that.

Also, the box lengths are a part of the MGT2 ruleset. That is a change that would need to come from MadBeardMan.

MadBeardMan
March 22nd, 2020, 13:30
Hi, the population description has been fixed. Thanks for catching that.

Also, the box lengths are a part of the MGT2 ruleset. That is a change that would need to come from MadBeardMan.

Hello,

@Neiatar, thanks for getting into Traveller on FG, keep asking questions and if something appears wrong let me (us) know.

Yea I'm reducing the code field sizes, to allow the description boxes more space and allowing the window to be made wider, that's going to done in the next 30 minutes.

Cheers,
MBM

Herdan
March 25th, 2020, 04:26
All I can say is Wow and thank you.

esmdev
April 14th, 2020, 21:39
I did a quick spot check on MGT2 1.1 and there appear to be no changes so everything should continue to work correctly.

If anyone sees anything please let me know.

alfarobl
April 14th, 2020, 23:32
If anyone sees anything please let me know.

Trojan Reaches -> Planet Noricum shows travel code GREEN and it should be YELLOW. Same problem with Ace, Theev, Scaladon, ... Ergo should be RED? Looks like all are Green? Maybe it is set all green?

esmdev
April 14th, 2020, 23:42
I will take a look, it shouldn't be the case.

esmdev
April 15th, 2020, 00:26
Trojan Reaches -> Planet Noricum shows travel code GREEN and it should be YELLOW. Same problem with Ace, Theev, Scaladon, ... Ergo should be RED? Looks like all are Green? Maybe it is set all green?

Found the problem and fixed it in all the modules. It should be correctly displaying amber and red zones.

Thanks for noticing that. :)

alfarobl
April 15th, 2020, 00:53
Found the problem and fixed it in all the modules. It should be correctly displaying amber and red zones.

Thanks for noticing that. :)

No thank you! Great help for us. I can confirm that now it shows correctly! Thanks again!

esmdev
July 18th, 2020, 13:50
With the impending release of Behind the Claw, I am going to discontinue support for these modules. I am going to keep them available until it is in the store at which point I will remove the modules from distribution. I hope people have found them useful in their games, but they were always intended as a temporary until the official material was released.

That said, barring a major change to the Systems format in the ruleset these modules should continue to function indefinitely.

MadBeardMan
July 18th, 2020, 14:36
Hey Emsdev,

Thanks for your hardwork on entering data. It's a shame that BtC provides the system info for Deneb. Now you say impending, with the backlog and testing required, it's a good while off, plus I'm keen to get LordNanoc to focus on High Guard first!

No plans to heavily modify the data format, so they'll work. I've been careful when changing bits not to undo the community work.

Cheers,
MBM

esmdev
July 18th, 2020, 15:35
Hey Emsdev,

Thanks for your hardwork on entering data. It's a shame that BtC provides the system info for Deneb. Now you say impending, with the backlog and testing required, it's a good while off, plus I'm keen to get LordNanoc to focus on High Guard first!

No plans to heavily modify the data format, so they'll work. I've been careful when changing bits not to undo the community work.

Cheers,
MBM

Yeah, I know impending is a wide term with product releases but I figured better to say something earlier than later. :)

I'm looking forward to Beyond the Claw as a standard for the domain system information... plus Space Dolphins in Power Armor!!!

MadBeardMan
July 18th, 2020, 15:55
Yeah, I know impending is a wide term with product releases but I figured better to say something earlier than later. :)

I'm looking forward to Beyond the Claw as a standard for the domain system information... plus Space Dolphins in Power Armor!!!

Indeed, it was quite odd to add those armour suits to the system, not sure how to automate it as well, as some things as just bespoke.

Plus BtC has 17 races, new vehicles, some new gear, something like 18 new spaceships, it's a real trove and I think it's once of the best products from Mongoose. Oh reminds me, I best email over the errors I found.

I'm also looking into unlocking 'ref' systems data,

Cheers,
MBM

bsycamore
August 9th, 2020, 11:10
Just a quick question. Is it possible to import large amounts or even small amounts of UWP data from say CSV extracts, laid out similar to Travellermap data, or is it a matter of entering each system one by one?

I'm about to grab the Traveller Ruleset, but was looking to primarily use it for my own Universe.

Cheers in advance

esmdev
August 9th, 2020, 12:30
Just a quick question. Is it possible to import large amounts or even small amounts of UWP data from say CSV extracts, laid out similar to Travellermap data, or is it a matter of entering each system one by one?

I'm about to grab the Traveller Ruleset, but was looking to primarily use it for my own Universe.

Cheers in advance

In my case I wrote a program that converted the data from a personal dataset into xml formatted information and then just cut and paste my xml into the db.xml campaign file in the worlds entry and then export the sectors as modules within FG. The author of the ruleset has since written a method which extracts data from travellermaps, I've not used it but more info can be found here:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?59003-Sector-World-Module-Creator

MBM is a pretty cool and helpful guy, if it can't import what you've got he might be able to figure out how to do it. He's pretty busy so it might take a little time.

esmdev
September 15th, 2020, 21:21
This has been tested and continues to function with MGT2 v1.1.4

RexCelestis
February 19th, 2021, 02:05
In my case I wrote a program that converted the data from a personal dataset into xml formatted information and then just cut and paste my xml into the db.xml campaign file in the worlds entry and then export the sectors as modules within FG. The author of the ruleset has since written a method which extracts data from travellermaps, I've not used it but more info can be found here:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?59003-Sector-World-Module-Creator

MBM is a pretty cool and helpful guy, if it can't import what you've got he might be able to figure out how to do it. He's pretty busy so it might take a little time.

Would you be willing to share that application? MBM's app to pull data from Traveller Map is really great. I'd love to be able to use it without having type it in manually.

esmdev
February 20th, 2021, 13:02
Would you be willing to share that application? MBM's app to pull data from Traveller Map is really great. I'd love to be able to use it without having type it in manually.

My app is super clunky and requires an ASP classic webserver to be running. It also requires sections to be rewritten for each new sector and requires elf-load of manual activities to make work, such as importing the travellermap info into an access database or copy and pasting the XML into the correct section of a blank .db file and then exporting it to a .mod file. I would not recommend it. I don't even use it anymore because its so much effort.

I thought about writing a standalone to do it more efficiently but MBM wrote his and I got sick so I dropped it.