PDA

View Full Version : How to make custom weapon?

threedo
December 9th, 2019, 07:36
Was wondering if any experts out there can lend a hand?

I have a player who owns a special dagger that allows him to critical hit when he rolls an 18, 19 or 20. Is there a way to create this dagger or change the properties of a dagger in his inventory to allow this?

Thanks,

Trenloe
December 9th, 2019, 08:20
Welcome to the FG forums!

There is a lot of information on creating items (including weapons) in the Wiki. Go to User Guides -> 5E (D&D Next) -> Item Sheet and look at the "properties" section for weapons: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/5E_Item_Sheet#Create_a_Weapon

The property "crit range x" is what you're looking for.

threedo
December 10th, 2019, 02:38
Welcome to the FG forums!

There is a lot of information on creating items (including weapons) in the Wiki. Go to User Guides -> 5E (D&D Next) -> Item Sheet and look at the "properties" section for weapons: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/5E_Item_Sheet#Create_a_Weapon

The property "crit range x" is what you're looking for.

Is there a way to add health when he hits with the dagger?

LordEntrails
December 10th, 2019, 04:10
Is there a way to add health when he hits with the dagger?
You mean to heal the character when he hits with the weapon? i.e. do damage to the target and heal the wielder?

Nope, but if the damage and the heal values are the same, then you can drag the damage to the attacker and hold ctrl (I think!) and it will heal instead of damage.

mattekure
December 10th, 2019, 12:55
What you can do is create a power for the weapon down in the spells/powers section. you would create a heal action for that power and use it when necessary. That can be used if the amount healed is either a specific amount or rolled.

If you want a simple way to heal where the HP regained is the same as the damage done, you can right click on the damage roll in the chat, and select one of the options like negate which turns damage into a heal. you can also select things like double, half, etc. then just drag that to the character in the CT and it will apply it as a heal.