PDA

View Full Version : FGU Starfinder unable to build PC starships

Ulric
December 7th, 2019, 23:39
I was able to reproduce this error in macOS 10.14 and Windows 10 with a new clean campaign. With the GM Starfinder Core Rule Book Loaded.

I opened PC Ships and selected edit and pressed the +. A new ship sheet opened and the instruction window. I gave the ship a name and a tier rating. I then open the Starship windows and tried to drop a shuttle frame on the sheet. Nothing happens when dropped. There are not any error messages and nothing is displayed in chat. I tried to drop other Frames but that also failed. I did not have any extension active.

Samarex
December 7th, 2019, 23:49
I was able to reproduce this error in macOS 10.14 and Windows 10 with a new clean campaign. With the GM Starfinder Core Rule Book Loaded.

I opened PC Ships and selected edit and pressed the +. A new ship sheet opened and the instruction window. I gave the ship a name and a tier rating. I then open the Starship windows and tried to drop a shuttle frame on the sheet. Nothing happens when dropped. There are not any error messages and nothing is displayed in chat. I tried to drop other Frames but that also failed. I did not have any extension active.

First, the Starship system is being built as we speak. Do you have the Starship extension running?

superteddy57
December 8th, 2019, 00:04
I was also able to replicate the PC Ship sheet isn't accepting drag 'n drop from any sources at the moment in Unity.

deer_buster
December 8th, 2019, 02:56
I blame JPG... :)

Ulric
December 8th, 2019, 03:22
First, the Starship system is being built as we speak. Do you have the Starship extension running?

Here is a FGC SFRPG new campaign with no extensions loaded and I can drop the shuttle frame onto the ship sheet.

Moon Wizard
December 9th, 2019, 07:58
@Samarex / @superteddy57 / @deer_buster,

Can you guys verify that the drops work as well as FGC? I made some changes to windowlist drop handling this weekend in FGU client; and I want to make sure it's working the same as FGC.

Thanks,
JPG

superteddy57
December 9th, 2019, 13:01
Yes, FGC's version of the ruleset is accepting drops to the PC ships and updating the relevant fields.

Moon Wizard
December 9th, 2019, 17:35
Yes, but I need to know if FGU is. :)

Or you can provide me the steps to set up the test case in a new campaign...

Thanks,
JPG

Fargen
December 11th, 2019, 17:35
This may be resolved or be a specific client issue. I was unable to reproduce the issue in FGU following the same steps.
I could drop the shuttle to a new ship, though I may have built this ship wrong - new to SF.

LordEntrails
December 11th, 2019, 19:19
This may be resolved or be a specific client issue. I was unable to reproduce the issue in FGU following the same steps.
I could drop the shuttle to a new ship, though I may have built this ship wrong - new to SF.

This should have been resolved in yesterday's update. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?51772-FGU-Playtest-Updates&p=467308&viewfull=1#post467308

Ulric
December 11th, 2019, 20:26
I can now drop the shuttle frame to the Starship sheet. Thanks for fixing this problem.

zohret
August 26th, 2021, 22:12
Hi, can anyone help me? I have another issue, whenever I try to create a new PC Starship, the sheet opens in a different style, and the guide to build pop up doesnt show. TY :)

48885A48885ATTAC48885CONFIG]4848885885[/ATTACH]

stephan_
August 26th, 2021, 23:29
Shipbuilding has been rebuilt - that's why the sheet looks different. I also don't think there's a guide anymore.

On PC Ships you can click on "Ship Parts" (or something similar) and drag them on the ship sheet as usual.

zohret
August 27th, 2021, 01:23
So that means its harder to do now than b4?

garrett146
August 27th, 2021, 03:26
the ship builder drag and drop gives me this ("script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_charstarship.lua"]:658: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'nOldPilotMod' (a nil value)" Error
and you can't enter the stats manually

superteddy57
August 27th, 2021, 06:46
the ship builder drag and drop gives me this ("script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_charstarship.lua"]:658: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'nOldPilotMod' (a nil value)" Error

Please provide the steps you performed to receive the error. This could be related to quite a few drops.

stephan_
August 27th, 2021, 10:18
So that means its harder to do now than b4?

I think it's pretty much the same process (with the exception of the walkthrough page being displayed).

I think I had the error once - assigning a pilot with at least 1 rank may have temporarily fixed it.

zohret
August 27th, 2021, 15:37
And why cant I use one of the ships at the NPC box, that are allready pre-made and give them to my players? When I try to move an NPC ship to the PC ship box, it does not allow it.
I mean, It should right? These ships are done, and can be used on the go. Having to create one from the scratch when there are multiple ones done allready seems a bit of a waste.

stephan_
August 27th, 2021, 15:56
I think that is planned for one of the future releases - though it does require code to be rebuilt, so will likely still take a bit of time.

At the moment however, no, it's not possible.

zohret
August 27th, 2021, 16:16
I think that is planned for one of the future releases - though it does require code to be rebuilt, so will likely still take a bit of time.

At the moment however, no, it's not possible.

I see, ty for being helpfull, I really hope this is implemented, cuz I spent a fat stack of cash on the starship operation manual in the hope I could use the ships. So thats a bit missleading, but anyways, also made a post here about integrating a`hacking interface to FGU.