PDA

View Full Version : Sync client view

Falselight
December 6th, 2019, 22:43
i looked in forums and i guess i missed it

is there a way for the GM to sync the view of the players in Unity I can't seem to find it yet?

pollux
December 7th, 2019, 02:11
What does it mean to "sync the view of the players"? Is this an FGC function you're used to? If so, how would you perform this action in FGC?

LordEntrails
December 7th, 2019, 02:16
What does it mean to "sync the view of the players"? Is this an FGC function you're used to? If so, how would you perform this action in FGC?
Share an image with players, right click on the image and chose Share > Sync Client View.

What it does is re-zoom and re-center the image so that the players see what you are seeing. This is useful on large maps when a player goes "I don't see the room. What room did you draw a circle around?" all because they have zoomed in on the flower bush in the corner and the room you are pointing out is not longer in their image :)

Moon Wizard
December 9th, 2019, 07:06
It is not implemented in FGU image control, since the image control was rewritten from scratch. I've added FGU-795 to review whether it is added in FGU and when.

Regards,
JPG

vaughnlannister
June 7th, 2020, 11:38
Hi Moon, great work on the last update, me and my players were very happy playing this weekend. During play I tried to use sync-player-view (by right-click on map). But according to my players this was not working, no refitting and zoom in of the dms view on their map. Just wanted to let you know.

Thanks for all your efforts!

dropArtwork
July 19th, 2020, 20:06
Moon, my players and I really enjoy the program, we've been playing every Saturday and are absolutely having a blast. I've ran a couple tests on unity as I transfer our long running campaign over, and I gotta say I am excited to see my players reactions to the new features.

I am experiencing this problem where our maps wont sync when I click the sync client view (by right-clicking on map, then layers)
It also didn't work for me in classic, though its been a while since I've tried it, so I'm wondering if I'm missing something.

qdwag
July 21st, 2020, 10:18
I thought this was working. Hmm, I've gotta test this out when I get home.