PDA

View Full Version : Loading issues?

WavedFilly49
December 4th, 2019, 22:35
This happends when i play on Wednesday with some of my friends on Discord, and before you ask, my internet isnt the best but this havent happend before at all for the 10 months we have played so far. Every other game we do, this doesnt happend. We play also on Mondays and Sundays, but its only when we play on Wednesdays when this happends.

I dont know what to do at all.

Trenloe
December 4th, 2019, 22:44
Welcome to the FG forums.

Is the GM's Internet connect on AT&T?

backwardoracle
December 4th, 2019, 22:48
Hi, I'm the GM of the game and based in UK, The player is based in Sweden, the images are all under 500K, he also reports that the game wants to upload files when he connects on weds, and again if he has to reconnect.

Trenloe
December 4th, 2019, 23:10
When this type of issue has been reported recently it is caused by something blocking the upload of data from the GM to the player - usually some form of flood protection on the GM's Internet router that is limiting the amount of data that can be uploaded to a specific destination.

backwardoracle
December 4th, 2019, 23:23
Hmm, well I do run games for 8 players two or three times a week, it does seem odd that its only weds and only one of the Swedish players has a problem, Theres no issue with the US players in the session, admittedly he probably has the worst connection, but the best available in his region. My connection is quite fast and advertised as unlimited. if it is a bottleneck of some sort my end, any thoughts on how to check/look for it.

damned
December 4th, 2019, 23:51
Have a look in your router settings - usually under something like advanced -> firewall, and see if you can find TCP flood protection - if so turn it off or disable it.

LordEntrails
December 4th, 2019, 23:59
Could it be a player using 32 bit Windows?

backwardoracle
December 5th, 2019, 10:55
All 3 Flood attack filtering were switched off, so thats not the issue. I'll check on the windows version hes running.

Thanks

Trenloe
December 5th, 2019, 10:58
...he also reports that the game wants to upload files when he connects on weds, and again if he has to reconnect.
Which files are these?

backwardoracle
December 5th, 2019, 18:47
I'm not exactly sure, I'm assuming as its when he reconnects to the game, its campaign info rather than FG updates.