PDA

View Full Version : Sandy Petersen's Cthulhu Mythos for 5E

Tovrin
December 4th, 2019, 22:21
Does anyone know if this is in the process of being converted to FG? I just picked up the hardcover version and it's pretty awesome. I could really use it in my campaign.

Mortar
December 4th, 2019, 22:57
I haven't seen anything about it. I am not even sure the publisher has an agreement set up with SmiteWorks to put their products on FG.

Tovrin
December 4th, 2019, 23:23
I haven't seen anything about it. I am not even sure the publisher has an agreement set up with SmiteWorks to put their products on FG>

There are more than a few of Sandy Petersen's modules for CoC on FG.

Mortar
December 4th, 2019, 23:27
All of which have been published by Chaosium, not Petersen Games.

Trenloe
December 6th, 2019, 00:50
All of which have been published by Chaosium, not Petersen Games.
Indeed...

Jody Denton
January 29th, 2021, 13:54
Just read on Petersen Games website it was ready and they were waiting for FG to make it available for sale... hopefully soon.

Ludd_G
January 30th, 2021, 00:29
Fingers very very much crossed! This would be an instant buy for me!

Jody Denton
January 30th, 2021, 02:40
Me too, just got ultimate tonight.

BobsterLobsta
January 30th, 2021, 19:09
I have this as well, and am importing monsters from it by creating new NPC's from the book's stat blocks. I need to figure out how to import the spells, however.

I am modifying on the fly my campaign--which had been a hybrid of Hoard of the Dragon Queen and Storm King's Thunder--to accommodate a metaplot of the Mythos. That the Red Wizards faction working with the dragon cultists actually have a Mythos agenda, and maybe link with Purple Rocks island off of Sword Coast. Still thinking.

Myrdin Potter
February 1st, 2021, 20:01
I looked at their site and did not see anything.

Trenloe
February 1st, 2021, 20:05
A site search at Petersen Games for "fantasy grounds" found this:

https://petersengames.com/sandy-petersens-cthulhu-mythos-coming-on-fantasy-grounds/

Hopefully they convert the adventures soon-ish too.

Ludd_G
February 1st, 2021, 20:15
https://petersengames.com/sandy-petersens-cthulhu-mythos-coming-on-fantasy-grounds/

(SNAP! :D )

I keep checking the FG store but nothing so far...

Myrdin Potter
February 1st, 2021, 20:16
That is good news as I was about to start doing it myself. Will save me a ton of time. I have all the adventures as well.

Jody Denton
February 1st, 2021, 20:22
I own all of the adventures as well, still needing to learn Fantasy Grounds. Hopefully it will appear soon on here.

Trenloe
February 1st, 2021, 20:30
I keep checking the FG store but nothing so far...
New releases are usually released on Tuesday (after the Tuesday updates) or on Wednesday if there wasn't time to release them on Tuesday. The exception to this is a first day release to time with a scheduled release date of the overall product, which won't apply here.

Myrdin Potter
February 1st, 2021, 20:34
Based on my personal experience, Steam turning the module on is often one that may push it from one week to the next once Smiteworks is ready to flip the switch.

Ludd_G
February 5th, 2021, 15:39
Still waiting with my money in hand.... ;)

Marquis_de_Taigeis
April 11th, 2021, 17:17
Is there any further updates on this, my physical copy arrived, after covid and brexit hassle and im looking forward to making use of it of FGU, but sadly not enough time to personally implement

similarly
April 14th, 2021, 13:56
I would totally buy this.

Marquis_de_Taigeis
April 18th, 2021, 16:51
I got this response from Peterson games whilst i was querying something else

" It was supposed to go in a few months ago, but its still being worked on. I've been told hopefully soon. But I don't have a specific time yet. We should announce it in our newsletter or on the front of our website once it it.

Sorry I don't have anything more specific than that at th moment.

All the best,

Customer Support- Petersen Games"

that was received on 12/4/21

esmdev
April 18th, 2021, 18:54
What that response likely means is that the developer thought it was done, sent it to SmiteWorks and they sent it back with a list of things to fix or something they felt needed to be added, and the developer then needs to adjust whatever is on the list and it will then have to go back to SmiteWorks for review restarting the process.

spoofer
April 18th, 2021, 23:03
Would anyone be interested in playing the Ghoul Island adventure path using Arkham Horror inspired character classes (Troll Lord games Amazing Adventures content / home brew content) and the 5E D&D rule set? I converted the content to FG, and then my group collapsed after the second session. One of the players got a job offer and had to quit. It would need to be during the afternoons or evenings EST time zone. I put a ton of work into it, so I still want to run it.

damned
April 18th, 2021, 23:07
Hah spoofer I would love to but there is no way I can fit that in.

Tovrin
April 19th, 2021, 03:14
I've just noticed this is getting some traction finally. Do we have an ETA? My wallet is ready!!!

spoonhead
January 27th, 2022, 14:36
What's up Smiteworks? The source book hasn't been released, Act 1 of Ghoul Island hasn't been released. But I see that Act 2 has just turned up in the shop.

LordEntrails
January 27th, 2022, 19:08
These type of products are converted and prepared by community members. One can assume that these are being converted by different people so they have been completed and approved at different times. Another possibility is that Act 1 had problems found in QA and was sent back for revisions wile Act 2 passed.

spoonhead
January 27th, 2022, 20:16
Then perhaps Act 2 should have been held back until Act 1 is approved? Just seems rather odd to let it go. Would be nice to get the source book though. I had done the conversion of all 4 acts some time ago and ran the campaign myself about 18 months ago, so it’s worthwhile conversion to get. Makes a great change from your normal type of adventures. Will be interesting how they implement formula spells as well.

Ludd_G
January 27th, 2022, 22:34
Well I hope that they get the source book and Act 1 up soon, or they're going to be pretty disappointed in the number of sale for this one I fear...

spoonhead
January 28th, 2022, 03:19
Well I hope that they get the source book and Act 1 up soon, or they're going to be pretty disappointed in the number of sale for this one I fear...

Agreed. There are quite a few adventures in the whole series that rely on the source book. It seems to be a lost opportunity at the moment.

spoonhead
February 3rd, 2022, 03:55
Act 1 now released, but we still need the source book published. Is there any timescale we can possible expect this to be released? Petersen Games initially announced it was coming to FG in January 2021.

LordEntrails
February 3rd, 2022, 06:16
No, because SmiteWorks doesn't control outside developers. They might reject something in QA that could take a few hours of labor, but the developer has a life and doesn't get to it for 2 months. Just too many things beyond control to give an estimate and then have people upset when expectations are not met.

I dont know specifics of this case. But it is not uncommon for a publisher to say something like XYZ is coming to FG in January 2021 because maybe that is when they sent it to their 3rd party converter/developer and they think it's like converting something to PDF. Maybe their converter quits. Maybe it's more complicated. Maybe SmiteWorks QA has a backlog. Just too many possibilities and too easy to upset folks when expectations are not met.

Myrdin Potter
February 3rd, 2022, 06:38
I think they need an extension to modify the main character sheet as they add additional skills.

I converted chunks of it for my own use but if I have to guess that is the main thing that would cause delays.

I do community development myself and I have something that is in the back burner because the outside company did not get me tokens for 3 weeks and the. I got busy with my job and other projects.

spoonhead
February 5th, 2022, 09:26
Skills can be added relatively easy. The big change will be formula spells.

iolarion
February 12th, 2022, 09:24
Hello,

I have just prchased the first chapter of Ghoul island for Sandy Petersenīs Cthulhu mythos, but when I click on some Npc images a message saying that I have to activate the Sandy Petersen Cuthulhu Mythos module is shown, I have been lloking for it in trh FG store but I am not able to find it, where can I find that module?

Thank you.

spoonhead
February 12th, 2022, 09:36
Hello,

I have just prchasded the first chapter of Ghoul island for Sandy Petersenīs Cthulhu mythos, but when I click on some Npc Images a message saying that I have to activate the Sandy Petersen Cuthulhu Mythos module, I have been lloking for it in trh FG store but I am not able to find it, where can I find that module?

Thank you.

That’s because the source book is yet to be released. I would have assumed though that all images would be included in the adventure. If not another reason why the source book should have been released first. And before anyone comes on here and says it’s all been converted by outside developers, it is Smiteworks responsibility to manage the QC aspect of all releases. They could have held back on these adventures until after the source book.

In some good news, I did get an email from Petersen Games on Thursday saying the source will be available soon. So let’s hope it’s not too long.

iolarion
February 12th, 2022, 09:41
Thank you for your response, I will wait for the release of the module to play the campaign.

I wonder why it is not stated in the info of the Ghoul Island that in order to play the campaign you need the Cyhulu Mythos module and that it is yet to be released, that lack of information induces error buying an uncomplete product.

Regards.

hereticaldrop
March 22nd, 2022, 14:58
Any news on the mythos book release?

ianmward
May 2nd, 2022, 09:04
Bump

Ludd_G
May 5th, 2022, 22:23
Bump

similarly
May 5th, 2022, 23:56
In the words of my father "we'll get there when we get there."

Ludd_G
June 2nd, 2022, 10:47
aaaaaaand, still waiting... Is it really not possible to let us know what's going on with this release? I'd love to hand over my money for all the Ghoul Island adventure modules, but obviously that's a no go till the actual rule set is released. Very frustrating.

spoonhead
June 2nd, 2022, 10:49
+1.

LordEntrails
June 2nd, 2022, 16:02
You really need to ask Petersen Games They are the ones that are responsible for their product being converted.

EDIT: I say this not to be discouraging, but rather to point people interested in this to where they can get actual information on this. All the posts in this thread for more than the last year are all second or third hand knowledge and mostly is just rumors and myth(o)s :)

Zanecane
August 17th, 2022, 01:13
A minor up date that I found. Petersen games have been trying to submit the Cthulhu Mythos book for 5e but have been rejected. They are trying again but who knows how long that will take.
Post: Our original submission got rejected, so we had to make a few modifcations. That’s done now and we are waiting for approval again.
Link to Petersen games Form
https://petersengames.com/forum/role-playing-games/is-cthulhu-mythos-for-5e-still-coming-to-fantasy-grounds-store/#p901

Eltrym
October 26th, 2022, 19:36
I started running the Ghoul Island campaign a month or so ago and noticed that there's no LoS on any of the maps, despite it indicating that maps include LoS. Not that there's much needed for this game. I have everything for this game in print already, I was just looking forward to not having to toil on the maps. It's also unfortunate that the rule set hasn't been corrected yet so we, the hungry masses could buy it. It'd be nice for my players to see ghoul tokens on the maps instead of giant letter Gs. I know almost none of this is on Smiteworks, but I needed to vent a little. Especially about the lack of Los. Thanks.

Zanecane
February 28th, 2023, 22:25
I just got tired of waiting for them to make it. So I'm doing it myself. I am currently halfway through chapter 3.

spoofer
February 28th, 2023, 23:10
I made this in FG a long time time ago so I can relate.

Tokens are not a part of the product. There are many good token makers. I have acquired a good set of tokens and I replace the letters with real tokens.

LOS is a part of the product. You should point out the problem to SW. I have had SW reject my maps in the past because of missing LOS data. So missing LOS is on SW.