PDA

View Full Version : Tell me some advantages of players having above demo or even ultimate?

Larsenex
December 4th, 2019, 19:31
Greetings again,

Its raining pretty good today here in Ventura County California. Yay for rain.

I have ultimate and another player has Ultimate. What if any would be the advantage of having players play at a higher license?

What I mean is I have two other players using demo for my game. Is there an advantage to a regular player who plays with an 'ultimate' gm to move up past the demo?

LordEntrails
December 4th, 2019, 19:35
They would be financially supporting SmiteWorks. Other than that, their is no added functionality or features or capabilities.

Talyn
December 4th, 2019, 19:46
Some players like to have their own copy of certain DLC (say, a Player's Handbook/Guide or some other 'Player Options' supplement) to work with their characters offline. This is especially useful for players who do Organized Play (Adventure League, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder Society and others) as the very nature of Organized Play means you'll have a different group and probably a different GM each session.

Other groups like to rotate GMs, and in those cases, it's usually best if everyone has at least a Standard license to allow for that.

Feature-wise, however, licenses are geared towards GMs since the GM is hosting the server the players connect to. If a GM happens to have the Ultimate license, then a full table of demo users can connect to their server. Population-wise, there are still far more Standard licence GMs out there than Ultimate. Also twice per year during FG Con (April and October) all Standard licences are automatically upgraded to Ultimate even if they're not hosting FG Con games.

Larsenex
December 4th, 2019, 19:55
They would be financially supporting SmiteWorks. Other than that, their is no added functionality or features or capabilities.

^^^ perhaps the best reason!

LordEntrails
December 4th, 2019, 19:55
Good catch Talyn, I missed all that.

JohnD
December 4th, 2019, 21:42
Talyn has a great answer.

I'd add that it's nice to spread around the DMing duties so everyone having at least a Full means you can rotate and the DM is less likely to get burnt out.

damned
December 4th, 2019, 23:52
the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating

Kelrugem
December 5th, 2019, 00:12
the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating the GM. Rotating

Damned, how much sleep did you get lately? :D (though I see what you did there :p)

damned
December 5th, 2019, 00:18
I had nearly 2.5 hours sleep last might - feeling top, top, top of the world!

Kelrugem
December 5th, 2019, 00:23
I had nearly 2.5 hours sleep last might - feeling top, top, top of the world!

:D

(Of course I hope you can sleep more soon :) )

Bidmaron
December 5th, 2019, 04:58
It looks like there will be another benefit with FGU. Anyone with better than demo will be able to access their own characters while not connected to the GM (although they won't be able to use any content they don't own - but this is not that bad of a limitation because the info is usually copied to their character sheets in most rule sets). While this can be done in FGC, it requires the GM to export the character back to the player once the character has been brought into the GM's campaign.
I hope I have this right, but I think this is the gist of what Moon Wizard has been trying to explain on the Beta forums.

Trenloe
December 5th, 2019, 11:36
While this can be done in FGC, it requires the GM to export the character back to the player once the character has been brought into the GM's campaign.
Players can access their PC in FG Classic with "Manage Characters" without the need for the GM to export back to the player.

I believe there will be no more Manage Characters in FG Unity. Perhaps Moon Wizard is mentioning what functionality will allow players to access their PC in the local cache, like they do via Manage Characters now.

Moon Wizard
December 5th, 2019, 17:22
In FGU, you can create a new Characters campaign, and import any character from any other campaign you have setup locally or any campaign that you've played in.

Regards,
JPG

Trenloe
December 5th, 2019, 17:27
In FGU, you can create a new Characters campaign, and import any character from any other campaign you have setup locally or any campaign that you've played in.
That sounds cool. Thanks for the info.

RunningHill
December 5th, 2019, 21:30
I find that people who pay to play are more likely to stay in the game why anything over demo is a show that you are dedicated to the game.

Griogre
December 7th, 2019, 18:36
Like RunningHill, I'm in the camp where I like my players to have some money invested in the game. I love online play for all it's good sides, but there is no doubt a down side is the tendency for people to just vanish from a game without any word. I think them dropping a 40 helps offset that a bit.