PDA

View Full Version : Old school D&D player LFG to play 5e PST evenings

Dadnar
December 4th, 2019, 03:31
Hi,

I'm a middle-aged gamer looking to get back into D&D again and recently bought Fantasy Grounds. I'm easy going and get along well with people. I like to play healer or support roles.

I am probably most familiar with 5e, but identify more with the brutal earlier edition rules. Healing seems too easy in 5e in my opinion, but I understand that can speed things up for some people. There are a lot of special abilities that characters can get early that seem to take away from the rewards of surviving the lower levels in my opinion. For example, druids can shape shift at level 2. I do like how well tactics are fleshed out in this edition and combat seems like it could be really fun.

With that said I am willing to commit for the long haul on a campaign, but would probably fit best with a group that has some custom rules to make the game a bit more realistic with some old school flavor.

I'm available weekdays after 7pm PST(GMT -8) or Weekends after 6pm.

Thank you for reading,

Dadnar

Hylum
December 4th, 2019, 18:29
Hi Dadnar,

I am also in the same time zone as you and looking for he same game, times, and group type. If you find something and need a player let me know!

Dadnar
December 4th, 2019, 21:03
Hi Dadnar,

I am also in the same time zone as you and looking for he same game, times, and group type. If you find something and need a player let me know!

I will. You do the same :)

Dadnar

JohnD
December 4th, 2019, 21:44
Hey welcome. Just want to let you know there is an amazing AD&D 2e ruleset that is a joy to use. You might want to consider that too.

Hylum
December 4th, 2019, 22:44
I will. You do the same :)

Dadnar

For sure!

Mirikal
December 4th, 2019, 23:35
Stay frosty you two. I may have something for you both coming up here shortly.

talislanta
December 8th, 2019, 03:32
I'm also in the same time zone looking for a AD&D game. I have the ruleset so if push comes to shove I could DM. I can't start until 8pm though

Mirikal
December 8th, 2019, 03:34
I'm also in the same time zone looking for a AD&D game. I have the ruleset so if push comes to shove I could DM. I can't start until 8pm though

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?52633-LFP-5E-Waterdeep-Dragon-Heist-Dungeon-of-the-Mad-Mage