PDA

View Full Version : Holding both mouse buttons and dragging no longer quick draws arrow/cone/box/circle.

StoryWeaver
December 1st, 2019, 06:00
As the title states, it seems you can no longer quickly draw a temporary shape. While going through the menu will draw the shapes as before.

Couldn't spot this in the known issues and don't know if it's simply done differently now, but thought I'd let you know about it in case it was missed.

ps. Might be a good idea to draw the distance number when an arrow is drawn under the middle of the arrow line. It's been a frequent comment by my players over the months that they can't see the actual distance drawn when they draw arrows from their token location to get some quick distance checks done. As the distance number is then drawn underneath the token itself.

Dr0W
December 1st, 2019, 06:29
Pretty sure it's not an issue. It was deactivated on purpose because it was bugging something else.

Moon Wizard
December 1st, 2019, 18:48
Yes, quick pointers were disabled, because they caused issues especially in multiplayer play. We need to rework the way pointers are implemented, since they are one of the few image objects that are completely driven by players (as well as "drawings", which also need to be implemented).

Regards,
JPG

celestian
December 1st, 2019, 21:37
Yes, quick pointers were disabled, because they caused issues especially in multiplayer play. We need to rework the way pointers are implemented, since they are one of the few image objects that are completely driven by players (as well as "drawings", which also need to be implemented).

Regards,
JPG

While we're talking about pointers/circles/etc will we be able to select and hit delete button to remove individual ones down the road? Having to remove them all kinda sucks ;(

Kelrugem
December 1st, 2019, 21:47
While we're talking about pointers/circles/etc will we be able to select and hit delete button to remove individual ones down the road? Having to remove them all kinda sucks ;(

What do you mean? :) Removing individual pointers is already possible by right-clicking on them :)

https://i.imgur.com/KpErJEq.png

celestian
December 1st, 2019, 21:52
What do you mean? :) Removing individual pointers is already possible by right-clicking on them :)

https://i.imgur.com/KpErJEq.png

Hum, I never noticed that. I always kept selecting the pointer and hitting delete button. IF there is a way to capture the select/target in the API of a pointer then I should be able to duplicate that delete code unless it's not an API menu.

JohnD
December 1st, 2019, 22:50
If there is overlap between multiple shapes you loose the ability to just delete one of them.

A lot of the time there doesn't even have to be overlap, just multiple shapes on the same map in the vicinity of each other.

I move the shape I want to delete far away from anything else, usually zooming out and then dragging, and then I'm able to click on it and just delete the one shape without affecting the others that I do want to keep.