PDA

View Full Version : We "played" 5 hours today and mostly it was great

bluedreamer
December 1st, 2019, 03:24
I'll let my players report on most things because I know you sychophants hate me reporting on real problems :-) and that you cannot stand that I am an actual real life software developer that would get fired for the **** that gets out the door here

a) LoS Is so much fun, we all love it, drawing the walls will take some skill though my map vs pro maps you guys did is a huge difference
b) OMG what did you do to **** up the dice!
c) Map target controls missing was a big thing, even when DM unlocked the general and indiv map part'
d) LAG LAG LAG
e) Doors are not synced
f) OMG why are tokens blured out - it is ****ing horrible on the DM side

This is a ****ing NO as a DM what the **** are these crappy graphics
https://snipboard.io/HYiwal.jpg

Oh and FIX THE ****ING DICE - OMG are they bad!!!!

Trenloe
December 1st, 2019, 03:45
.. because I know you sychophants hate me reporting on real problems ..
No, we actually hate the way you communicate terribly, swear and curse, come across aggressively without actually providing any details of your actual issue. At least this time you kinda gave some feedback about what you're actually talking about - whereas previously you've just aggressively posted complete rubbish that was of no use to anyone trying to address your issues. I suppose I should be happy, at least we're seeing some slight improvement in your communication, barely.

Trenloe
December 1st, 2019, 03:51
And, as was mentioned to you in the other thread you started recently, FG Unity is in beta testing for GMs only. It is not currently supposed to be used for running a game at all - there are some significant known issues with player instances.

If you're seriously interested in providing some constructive feedback to help improve Fantasy Grounds Unity during the beta testing phase, please read and digest the information here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?51687-How-to-Report-Issues-Bugs-and-Problems Thanks.

LordEntrails
December 1st, 2019, 04:07
Please stop with the language. It is offensive and not helpful.

bluedreamer
December 1st, 2019, 05:35
Do you really expect me to be nice when I've spent 1000's of dollars on software that does no work?

PS Trenloe - you are one of the sycophants! I have 30 odd years of actual professional software development including working on the Air Traffic Control system for the UK, so when I say this is crap, I have some vague ****ing experience oh no a word to long for you to understand.

I can test this version and have been avoiding doing it, because it is pretending to be a full on paid product, now if Doug had the balls to say "Please test this" then maybe I would but he doesn't. As a commercial product Unity isn't even Alpha test. And the reason the software is not better is because of people like you Trenloe who love to lick boots for a mediocre product.

bluedreamer
December 1st, 2019, 05:37
Are the words scarey to you even though the forum obscures them?

iotech
December 1st, 2019, 05:38
... FG Unity is in beta testing for GMs only. It is not currently supposed to be used for running a game at all - there are some significant known issues with player instances.

A real-life software developer who doesn't know what beta is and treats other developers this way? I think not.

LordEntrails
December 1st, 2019, 05:38
It appears this thread has degenerated. I'm closing it.

Trenloe
December 1st, 2019, 06:00
I can test this version and have been avoiding doing it, because it is pretending to be a full on paid product, now if Doug had the balls to say "Please test this" then maybe I would but he doesn't. As a commercial product Unity isn't even Alpha test
Err, how wrong can you be? If you actually read all of the sticky threads at the top of this very sub-forum, read the updates in the Kickstarter and the FG newsletter you'll see that SmiteWorks are doing just that - asking people to test the BETA TEST version. How don't you know what that means as you've over 30 years software development experience?

As usual, you've come to these forums, ranted with a lot of swear words (no they don't scare me, I just think that adults should be civil on these forums), and blown a lot of hot air with a complete bunch of useless, completely mis-informed rubbish. You're not asking for help, you obviously have nothing better to do in your life than try to act big and curse all over the place. This isn't a high-school playground - no one thinks your big and clever, in fact quite the opposite.

There's a good reason why the last time you spouted crap all over these forums that you were given an infraction and temporarily suspended (not by me mind you, I was quite enjoying you making yourself look like a complete idiot). It looks like you haven't learnt anything from that experience, just like you haven't learnt what BETA TEST means in your software development "experience".

Moon Wizard
December 1st, 2019, 07:07
Okay, all, as LE has mentioned, this thread should now be closed. All moderators should let this thread lie.

bluedreamer, thanks for your reports. If you have specific reproduce-able cases of issues (other than dice which we've already stated is not complete), please feel free to post them separately (without expletives please). As for the state of the software, it is definitely pre-release software, and our current status is outlined in the posts below. As noted in these posts, we have not given the go ahead to use to play full games yet, because we know it's not ready.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50373-FGU-Playtest-Overview
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50483-FGU-Playtest-Known-Items
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?51772-FGU-Playtest-Updates

Regards,
JPG