PDA

View Full Version : How do I update my classic campaign to unity

Jingo
December 1st, 2019, 03:17
Forgive me if this is has been asked. Does the the unity beta version support using my classic campaigns yet? If so, how would I do that? I did search for it and couldn't find it.

Moon Wizard
December 1st, 2019, 03:35
You need to copy the campaign folder from the current FG campaigns data folder to the FGU campaigns data folder. You can access the base data folder on each by clicking the folder button in each launcher.

Regards,
JPG

brianhannamn
June 14th, 2020, 02:18
Just a heads up. Make sure you back up your Fantasy Grounds folder to a different name (e.g. copy Fantasy Grounds folder from App Data\Roaming, paste elsewhere as Fantasy Grounds Backup) BEFORE installing. My install of Unity erased my campaign when installing over Classic. Good thing I had backed the folder up! I was then able to copy the campaign into the new Unity folder and restart Unity. It found my campaign then.

damned
June 14th, 2020, 03:03
Just a heads up. Make sure you back up your Fantasy Grounds folder to a different name (e.g. copy Fantasy Grounds folder from App Data\Roaming, paste elsewhere as Fantasy Grounds Backup) BEFORE installing. My install of Unity erased my campaign when installing over Classic. Good thing I had backed the folder up! I was then able to copy the campaign into the new Unity folder and restart Unity. It found my campaign then.

Hi brianhannamn
You should not install Unity over Classic.
They are two different applications not a new build of the same application.
The default install paths are to different locations.