PDA

View Full Version : 5E PDF & FG Modules - Humble. Uncle from Frog God Games, TLG, Kobold, etc!

Varsuuk
November 27th, 2019, 21:02
This is a holiday bundle with the Marines as the Charity benefactor.

Some great stuff INCLUDING FG Modules!

A killer bargain at $18 (feel free to toss $25, the usual top tier for extra giving)

https://www.humblebundle.com/books/orcus-5e-holiday-horde-books?hmb_source=humble_home&hmb_medium=product_tile&hmb_campaign=mosaic_section_2_layout_index_1_layou t_type_threes_tile_index_2_c_orcus5eholidayhorde_b ookbundle

Squeak
November 27th, 2019, 21:31
Looks interesting. Anyone got feedback on the contents - especially with regard to the three FG adventure modules in the top tier:

Fantasy Grounds - Encephalon Gorgers on the Moon (5E)
Fantasy Grounds - The City That Dripped Blood (5E)
Fantasy Grounds - How Orcus Stole Christmas (5E)

Thanks!

EDIT:
I found a thread on Reddit with a couple of replies giving feedback, although sadly not specifically about the FG modules:
https://www.reddit.com/r/dndnext/comments/e2lfc7/humble_rpg_book_bundle_orcus_5e_holiday_horde_pay/

mattekure
November 27th, 2019, 22:07
Note on the Fantasy Grounds products, you have to have purchased Fantasy Grounds on Steam in order to redeem them. Having a license purchased through Smiteworks will not work. If you try to redeem them without it the system will give you this error.

The product code you've entered requires ownership of another product before activation.

If you are trying to activate an expansion pack or downloadable content, please first activate the original game, then activate this additional content.

EDIT* It is possible to redeem these, see details in Dougs post below.

Squeak
November 27th, 2019, 22:18
Oh that is a bit sad :(

Thanks for letting us all know though.

mattekure
November 27th, 2019, 22:31
I submitted a question to the Humble Bundle support, but I'm not sure there is anything they can do about it. Either Steam would have to change, or there would have to be some kind of coordination with Smiteworks, which is a bit late with it already live and selling.

Varsuuk
November 27th, 2019, 22:37
That shouldn’t be an issue.
One of the Smitees here should pipe in but to my understanding there is a back and forth migration of at least the main licenses which is all you would need to register it.

Matt, are you a new buyer of FG like this month or week? If so, I’m sure it will propagate to Steam eventually (I am not familiar so don’t know if done weekly, biweekly or monthly.

PS - I played Orcus and it was very fun. Tongue in cheek at times. Certainly if you are old or at least grew up watching Rudolph the Red Nose reindeer/Frosty/Grinch/etc this story should be fun.

I own Dripped. It sounds great, can’t tell you how it plays as I buy things but don’t read them until/if I run it so I can enjoy being a player first if someone else runs it. I’m very intrigued by this and Murder Hills. (Was in prior bundle)

mattekure
November 27th, 2019, 22:43
I believe the information is from Steam to Smiteworks, not the other way. I am not a new buyer, I purchased in early 2018 and I have had my steam sync set up since the very beginning.

Varsuuk
November 27th, 2019, 23:07
That’s weird and of course it seems I was wrong.

I have it on both because when I bought it on Steam I’d never heard of FG or Smiteworks and “gave it a shot” on BF sale.

Still, Doug might have a plan on how to help.

Myrdin Potter
November 27th, 2019, 23:15
I converted all three of the modules to FG. They all are interesting modules and FGG worked hard to get me assets to make the conversions better.

The Orcus scenario is pretty tough and pushes the right holiday buttons. The city encounter is an interesting mystery and the Gorgers one is a good take on mind flayers in an OGL way.

If all you want is the FG modules (3 of them), then cheaper to buy here now because of the sale.

mattekure
November 27th, 2019, 23:24
I got the bundle anyway, thats how I found out about the issue. I didnt even realize there was the FG modules in the bundle until after I bought it.

ddavison
November 27th, 2019, 23:29
You don't have to purchase it on Steam to access these, but you do need to have Fantasy Grounds in your Steam Library. To do this, you have to activate the product on Steam and enter in your existing FG license. Once it shows up in your Library in Steam, you will be able to accepts gifts or redeem DLC from Humble Bundle. Note that new licenses purchased from fantasygrounds.com are not automatically available for activation on Steam. We do this in batches every 6-8 weeks. I will likely do another batch next week after the Black Friday sale ends. If you need or want it sooner, you can contact [email protected] and David can give you a dummy key you can use to activate it. This won't actually be a valid key for Fantasy Grounds, but it will let you add it to your Steam Library for the purpose of adding DLC.

Here is the link on Steam explaining the process:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/252690/discussions/2/558755530621472814/

Note that once you claim it and add the DLC, you can use the link on our store to sync your Steam account with your FG account without actually running FG from Steam.
Store > Steam Account Syncrhonization
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/syncSteamAccount.xcp

mattekure
November 27th, 2019, 23:42
Thats great! Thanks Doug for the clarification. I will attempt that process now.

mattekure
November 27th, 2019, 23:51
it worked great. I had to install the steam client to activate FG in my steam library, but once I did that, I was able to redeem the bundle offers without issue.

Varsuuk
November 28th, 2019, 03:59
Awesome :)

And I didn’t know there were FG versions either when I first went to get it.

HoloGnome
December 5th, 2019, 02:19
Yep - the humble bundle worked for me too after I entered my FG license in Steam. I activated then sync'd FG to steam and the update downloaded the content to my local FG client. I was a bit confused at the beginning, but then found this thread. Thanks!

Neovirtus
December 5th, 2019, 14:42
Has anyone run Rappan Athuk before? Curious to hear what people think of it. Seems interesting, and a pure dungeon crawl might be good for my next campaign. Sadly it's not an FG module, but I imagine that would be a beast of a conversion!

LordEntrails
December 5th, 2019, 15:04
Has anyone run Rappan Athuk before? Curious to hear what people think of it. Seems interesting, and a pure dungeon crawl might be good for my next campaign. Sadly it's not an FG module, but I imagine that would be a beast of a conversion!
Never run it but I can tell you it is in process of being adapted to an FG module. No ETA on when that might happen, but eventually.

Griogre
December 6th, 2019, 09:02
I ran an open table game of Rappan Athuk for D&D 3.x. It's an old school dungeon crawl. I picked up the Humble Bundle largely to get the 5E version and the other adventures with the FG modules being a nice bonus.

By old school it not as bad as Tomb of Annihilation - its monster based, but it's very possible for characters to wander too far or too deep and get killed. The difficulty can vary substantially on the same level of the dungeon and it is full of sub-levels and half levels. It's fairly tough to actually access the dungeon.

Rappan Athuk suffers from the same problem all these old mega dungeons based on D&D or AD&D do when translated to later editions - PC's leveling too fast if you use standard XP. There are too many encounters per dungeon level because of the size of the levels. These dungeons are from an era where it could take hundreds of encounters to level and doubling XP level thresholds. I noticed the 5E version tends to designate encounter areas by Tier instead of level and I think that is partly why.

It would be a massive undertaking to get the entire thing into FG. I did maybe 6-7 level major and 4-5 sublevels of just monster encounters over time. The nice thing about the bundle is there are digital maps. But yeah, I would wait for the FG module as a massive time saver.

Neovirtus
December 6th, 2019, 19:12
Thanks for the though response Griogre. Sounds interesting, and roughly in line with what my expectations were. I'm curious enough about a number of the items in that pack that I might grab it, but probably won't run Rappan Athuk any time soon.

Griogre
December 6th, 2019, 20:48
You're welcome. If you DM the bundle is worth it for the adventurers alone though most of them are old school being from Frog God / Necromancer games. The Creature Codex and Creature Codex Lairs are a nice bonus.

Myrdin Potter
December 16th, 2019, 02:49
Only a few more days left in this bundle.

Valacar
December 17th, 2019, 12:43
Glad I saw the forum post, got my bundle before it ended

Myrdin Potter
December 17th, 2019, 14:01
There is just over 24 hours left, so let your friends know as well. Bundle includes 3 Fantasy Grounds conversions as well (claimed via Steam).

Varsuuk
December 18th, 2019, 16:45
Just under 2 hours - rush over for good FG modules and a bunch of PDFs at an incredible bargain.

Neovirtus
December 18th, 2019, 16:52
I grabbed it yesterday, pretty solid deal.