PDA

View Full Version : Door tiles line up with nothing

Valatar
November 27th, 2019, 16:52
I suspect this probably has a bit more to do with the tile's creator than FGU, but I'm mentioning it in case it actually is FGU, the doors don't align with walls on the tileset. I tried creating a quick dungeon from tiles and everything clicked together great, right up until I tried to put a door on the room.

LordEntrails
November 27th, 2019, 17:43
Though I'm sure the creator would recognize their work :) Can you name the asset or tile set this comes from for ease of tracking down?

Valatar
November 27th, 2019, 19:49
I sure can! It's the stone tileset from the Shockbolt GMW Kit 1.

Moon Wizard
November 27th, 2019, 19:57
I've filed a task with Doug who put together the art kit from the assets. It looks like the asset sizes may need to be adjusted within the set to work together.

Regards,
JPG

Valatar
November 27th, 2019, 20:11
I've tinkered more, it can be made to fit better if you build the walls by having two wall tiles back to back. It's still not a perfect fit, but it's not blatantly misaligned like it looks in the first image. I'm suspecting that the tileset artist was just intending the walls be twice as thick as I was making them for my test. It'd still be convenient if it could click to a single wall without being off by a few millimeters, but now that I see the workaround I'm not certain it's broken.