PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Grounds Dilema

Takamori
November 27th, 2019, 00:05
Greetings so long story short:

I bought a ultimate license for our old DM, though we are not sure anymore if he wants to DM at all or if his RL allow him to DM, sadly communication aint the strong between us.
So after 1 year of hiatus from RPGs, I decided to gather the players and we found a new DM, though I don't want to repeat the whole issue of losing all the material. But at the same time the new DM never used FG and Im not sure how the library sharing works.

With the steam sales, I can buy standard editions for everyone, but I'd like to know if I can be the "librarian" and allow GMs to pick the books from my library.

Sorry if this was asked before, but I'm trying to make the best out of this situation.

Trenloe
November 27th, 2019, 00:08
With the steam sales, I can buy standard editions for everyone, but I'd like to know if I can be the "librarian" and allow GMs to pick the books from my library.
Only the GM can share material they own with the players.

Player can access material they own (given permission from the GM), but that is just for that individual player. Only the GM can be a "librarian" for that game.

Takamori
November 27th, 2019, 00:14
Guess I could create a new account on steam buy all the licenses there and lend to the dm given that we all know IRL. Its not against the TOS to do that right?

LordEntrails
November 27th, 2019, 00:33
Guess I could create a new account on steam buy all the licenses there and lend to the dm given that we all know IRL. Its not against the TOS to do that right?
Since licenses are supposed to be assigned to an individual human person, I suspect it would.

I would suggest you reach out to [email protected] as they are the only ones that can really give you their legal interpretation (which might vary depending upon where you live).

ddavison
November 27th, 2019, 01:35
Yes, unfortunately that would be against the TOS.