PDA

View Full Version : So i am a month to month FGU user. Why would i buy a licence on sale?

Larsenex
November 26th, 2019, 22:05
If I buy the Ultimate outright, will there be a pro ration towards the purchase of Unity?

If so what will it be?

Based on forum poll information it seems like Unity may show up Feb/March. I was just going to keep on 'subbin' and wait for Unity and pay for that in full once it arrives.

Is there any information you folks here or smite works that have that would cause me to buy the classic licence while on sale today?

Zacchaeus
November 26th, 2019, 22:16
The price of Unity ultimate outright purchase will be the same as FG classic is now. Upgrade prices from classic to Unity has not been finalised as yet (as far as I know - I may have missed it). Currently classic ultimate is on sale at 40% off so whether buying that now on sale and then upgrading later is a decision you would need to consider.

LordEntrails
November 26th, 2019, 22:40
Moon stated in another post today that upgrade prices will be announced soon. But I would assume that announcement will NOT happen before the current sale ends.

EDIT: see Trenloe's post a few down, the information has been release much sooner than I surmised.

notrealdan
November 26th, 2019, 23:02
If you buy Classic and then upgrade to Unity later, you then own and can use both. I believe there will still be value in FG Classic for quite some time. Some groups will not move to Unity right away.

Trenloe
November 26th, 2019, 23:22
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?52411-Fantasy-Grounds-Unity-Pricing-and-Upgrade-Paths

Larsenex
November 26th, 2019, 23:36
That was super helpful. Ideally I would like to keep subbing FGU classic (but purchase the FGU licence now) while I have the funds. Is this possible?

In other words I want to keep subbing my classic but I also want to purchase (for the full price) the Unity Ultimate licence now. I am happy to wait whatever the time table is for unity.

Larsenex
November 26th, 2019, 23:44
Bah, I just bought the classic on sale and a token pack...damn you Black Friday sales!

JohnD
November 27th, 2019, 00:12
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?52411-Fantasy-Grounds-Unity-Pricing-and-Upgrade-Paths&p=465007#post465007

Squeak
November 27th, 2019, 14:12
One thing to mention is that if you or one of your players wants the standard version, the HUGE discount means that it buying it now and upgrading later works out almost as cheap as getting the Unity version whenever it is released. And it also means you have FG Classic version permanently and can use it before Unity is ready. Just a thought....