PDA

View Full Version : [MGT2] Some errors when i load the ruleset.

Honken
November 26th, 2019, 20:12
I noticed that MGT2 was available today, so i loaded it. I got these error messages when i did.

[2019-11-26 21:08:17] [NOTICE] Launcher scene starting.
[11/26/2019 9:08:38 PM] [NOTICE] Requesting cloud server.
[11/26/2019 9:08:42 PM] [NOTICE] Connected to game server.
[11/26/2019 9:08:42 PM] [NOTICE] Launcher scene exiting.
[11/26/2019 9:08:42 PM] [NOTICE] Tabletop scene starting.
[11/26/2019 9:08:50 PM] [WARNING] font: Missing TTF tag for (subwindowsmalltitle) in ruleset (MGT2) (graphics/graphics_fonts.xml)
[11/26/2019 9:08:50 PM] [WARNING] font: Missing TTF tag for (subwindowsmalltitle_disabled) in ruleset (MGT2) (graphics/graphics_fonts.xml)
[11/26/2019 9:08:51 PM] [WARNING] font: Missing TTF tag for (list-empty-ps) in ruleset (MGT2) (graphics/graphics_fonts.xml)
[11/26/2019 9:08:55 PM] [WARNING] string: Must have a name attribute. (MGT2) (strings/strings_travellercore.xml)
[11/26/2019 9:08:55 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Unable to locate ruleset file (MGT2) (campaign/record_ability.xml)
[11/26/2019 9:09:22 PM] [WARNING] Frame hotkeytitlebox contains out-of-range values in Middle.
[11/26/2019 9:09:22 PM] [WARNING] Frame hotkeytitlebox contains out-of-range values in Right.

/H

Moon Wizard
November 26th, 2019, 21:36
I just pushed a new build of MGT2 ruleset to remove that error, if you want to give it another try.

Regards,
JPG

Honken
November 27th, 2019, 14:47
I just pushed a new build of MGT2 ruleset to remove that error, if you want to give it another try.

Yes, i tried loading it, and no errors.

/H

PhilAdams
December 7th, 2019, 02:40
I can't get character portraits to work. They didn't copy over. I see the images fine as portraits in Assets. In the portraits folder, they're empty frames. This is on the Mac side.

Moon Wizard
December 9th, 2019, 07:09
@PhilAdams,

Can you please give us a little more detail?

* Are you migrating a campaign from FGC, and the existing campaign portraits are not loading? If so, can I get a copy of the FGC campaign zipped up and shared via DropBox or Google Drive. (The version before it was opened in FGU.)

* Are you unable to see portraits in the FGU portraits data folder?

* Are you talking about being able to click and assign a portrait on the PC sheet?

Thanks,
JPG

PhilAdams
December 10th, 2019, 03:02
Process:

I copied my Traveller folder from my old FG side to the FGU side. I also copied my Portraits and Tokens folders.

Images (seeing and assigning):

I see the image files fine through Mac Finder (the analog to Windows Explorer), and I see the portraits and tokens in the FGU app when I look at them through the Assets button (Assets-->Portraits). When I try to look at them through the regular portraits method (click on the character sheet portraits box, drill down to the appropriate folder), I just see the frame that surrounds portraits, not the portrait image.30778

Moon Wizard
December 10th, 2019, 03:31
Are those portraits from our store, or ones that you got elsewhere?

I might need to get a copy of at least a few to try and recreate what you are seeing.

Regards,
JPG

Honken
December 10th, 2019, 11:02
I did load my MTG2 today too. And i see no tokens.

This is the instance i started when MTG2 was added to the beta-test.

Picture (https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ash8HBvgPSZvg_8cr4XOcL6LWlR9Xw)

/H

PhilAdams
December 10th, 2019, 16:16
Are those portraits from our store, or ones that you got elsewhere?

I might need to get a copy of at least a few to try and recreate what you are seeing.

Regards,
JPG

The portraits are generated from various art sources using Photoshop. These same portraits work fine in other rulesets (WOIN, Savage Worlds, vanilla MoreCore) in FGU.

Moon Wizard
December 10th, 2019, 22:18
@Honken,

Please make sure you are running the latest version by running the Check For Updates, re-add the tokens, and try closing/re-opening the campaign. There were some earlier builds that didn't save all the campaign token information correctly. If you copied from a FGC campaign, please re-copy from a fresh version of the FGC campaign.

Regards,
JPG

Moon Wizard
December 10th, 2019, 23:23
@PhilAdams,

Okay, I was able to recreate with my local files. I'm not sure what is unique about the MGT2 portrait base/mask graphics; but I've filed as FGU-809, and asked Carl to look at it when he gets a chance.

Regards,
JPG

PhilAdams
December 11th, 2019, 02:21
Awesome! I went ahead and ran the update again tonight, deleted and copied over the tokens/portraits folders, and confirmed this was still a problem for me.

Thanks!

Honken
December 11th, 2019, 08:19
@Honken,

Please make sure you are running the latest version by running the Check For Updates, re-add the tokens, and try closing/re-opening the campaign. There were some earlier builds that didn't save all the campaign token information correctly. If you copied from a FGC campaign, please re-copy from a fresh version of the FGC campaign.

Yes, i updated, made a new campaign. The problem persists.

Also a note. When I am in the assets window. It doesnt matter what i have choosen, the folder button always open the token folder. It is ok with me since i am fairly FG proficient, but for a new user it might be confusing?

/H

Moon Wizard
December 12th, 2019, 08:56
@Honken,

Are you specifically talking about portrait tokens automatically generated after assigning portrait to a PC? If so, that is the same issue that PhilAdams ran into, just a different view of it.
Or are you talking about tokens not visible in the Assets view at all?

Thanks,
JPG

Honken
December 12th, 2019, 18:54
Sorry for being unclear, i thought i was confirming PhilAdams. I mean that the portraits cannot be seen when you want to add a portrait. If i open the asset window, portraits can be seen there, but not in the "asset" window where you click portrait to add it to the character.

/H

Moon Wizard
December 12th, 2019, 19:08
Ah, great. Thanks for clarifying. I just wanted to be sure that it wasn't a different issue.

Thanks,
JPG

PhilAdams
December 21st, 2019, 22:03
This problem has been removed in the latest FGU release.