PDA

View Full Version : Princes of the Apocalypse!! D&D 5e Campaign for the long haul.

delgondahntelius
November 26th, 2019, 06:15
FG License: GM has full liscense
Game System: D&D 5e

Time Zone: Central Time Zone
Day of week and time: Saturday 4pm -8pm
If new game, planned start date: This Saturday, Nov 30th Session 0 for character creation.
Planned Duration & Frequency: Once a week
Term: Until the campaign is finished, estimate 1.5 years.
Text or Voice: Voice.
Voice software used: Discord.
Will this be recorded and/or live streamed? No.

Roleplay & Combat mix: 60% Roleplay / 40% Combat
Number of Players in game & needed: 5. (Game is Full!!)
Character starting level & equipment: First level, we roll up characters on session zero.
Character restrictions: Core Canon. (PHB, SCAG, XGtE, MToF, VGtM) No Monster Races, No Eberron, No Unearthed Arcana, No Multi-Class.

Details of your scenario: We will be starting the Elemental Evil game of Princes of the Apocalypse based in the Forgotten Realms (1491 DR); If you have played before please let me know so I can change it up a bit so I can at least surprise you. I have nearly 40 years experience as a Player and aDM, but this will be my first game in Fantasy Grounds, so bear with me, if it makes you feel better I have taken the classes on FGC.
~~And also, in order for me to host a game, I have to have an outside server so that you can connect to, this means you have to download Zerotier and install and make an account, it’s all free and super easy. I’m sorry I have to ask you to download an extra program, but it’s the only way I can DM.

Link to Game calendar page: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=3681

Nerdyweeb434
November 26th, 2019, 06:43
Hey, I'm new to this website, but I would like to join if possible.

Auron Starglider
November 26th, 2019, 06:44
How long would the sessions be in general, and, would it be possible to either host the game earlier in the day, or on a Saturday?

delgondahntelius
November 26th, 2019, 06:56
Hey, I'm new to this website, but I would like to join if possible. Sure Nerdy, just go the link in the calendar and sign up https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calend ar/?id=3681

How long would the sessions be in general, and, would it be possible to either host the game earlier in the day, or on a Saturday? I'm starting out at a minimum of 4 hours but if everyone agrees would could game longer. And, yes, if everyone can agree to a time on saturday or sunday, it will be possible.

Gonzalezcauldron
November 26th, 2019, 13:51
Hello! I am new to this forum as well but would also be interested in joining :D

wmljohn
November 26th, 2019, 16:06
FG License: GM has full liscense
Game System: D&D 5e

Time Zone: Central Time Zone
Day of week and time: Sunday 4pm
If new game, planned start date: This Sunday, Dec 1st Session 0 for character creation.
Planned Duration & Frequency: Once a week, if we can agree to it.
Term: Until the module is finished.
Text or Voice: Voice, Maybe webcam if everyone can.
Voice software used: Discord
Will this be recorded and/or live streamed? No.

Roleplay & Combat mix: about 50/50
Number of Players in game & needed: Minimum of 4, Maximum of 6.
Character starting level & equipment: First level, we roll up characters on session zero.
Character restrictions: Only of the imagination.

Details of your scenario: We will be starting the Elemental Evil game of Princes of the Apocalypse; If you have played before please let me know so I can change it up a bit so I can at least surprise you. I have nearly 40 years experience as a DM, but this will be my first game in Fantasy Grounds, so bear with me, if it makes you feel better I have taken the classes on FGC. And also, in order for me to host a game, I have to have an outside server so that you can connect to, this means you have to download Zerotier and install and make an account, it’s all free and super easy. I’m sorry I have to ask you to download an extra program, but it’s the only way I can DM.

Link to Game calendar page: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calend ar/?id=3681

You calendar link returns: Not Found
The requested URL /calend ar/ was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/2.2.15 (CentOS) Server at www.fantasygrounds.com Port 443

Nickademus
November 26th, 2019, 16:18
Or you could go to the calendar, filter by 5e, and manually find it. Though it might be easier to just remove the space between calend and ar:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=3681

Auron Starglider
November 26th, 2019, 16:33
Sure Nerdy, just go the link in the calendar and sign up https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calend ar/?id=3681

I'm starting out at a minimum of 4 hours but if everyone agrees would could game longer. And, yes, if everyone can agree to a time on saturday or sunday, it will be possible.

I may have to do a Saturday given my hectic work schedule.

Jagzwar
November 26th, 2019, 16:50
I am definitely interested. Saturdays would be better for me if it is possible until football season is over (I have season tickets). But can play anywhere from 3 EST until whenever . Long time player. Have never played Princes of the Apocalypse and don't have a preference as to what class I play. I enjoy them all. Feel free to message me.

SheckyS
November 26th, 2019, 16:53
Would love to join. :)
Saturday at the same time would be better than Sunday for me, as well. :)
Long-time D&D player and FantasyGrounds expert. I ran an FG D&D5e game for over 2 years.
I applied on the calendar. :)

delgondahntelius
November 26th, 2019, 17:16
Link is working now. And if Saturday is better for everyone that is fine by me, my schedule is pretty much open. Let me sift through this and get back to you.

delgondahntelius
November 27th, 2019, 20:39
Okay, I accepted five players (SheckyS, Jagzwar, Richard747parker, Rogich, Gonzalezcauldron)

So most of you said Saturday would be easier to play. So I will switch it to Saturday 4pm if their are no objections? I'm open for anytime really, so it matters not when we start so let me know if this alright or not. I need these players to go ahead and add me on discord badger1017#7622 is my username, be sure to send me a message telling me who you are :D

Any other questions or comments, just post them here or send me a message via here or on Discord.

Thanks
Del

SheckyS
November 27th, 2019, 23:03
Saturday at 4 works well for me. Although, I might have to break to make dinner - but I can play and eat. ;)
Sent you a friend request on Discord. Looking forward to the game. :)

delgondahntelius
November 28th, 2019, 03:20
Saturday at 4 works well for me. Although, I might have to break to make dinner - but I can play and eat. ;)
Sent you a friend request on Discord. Looking forward to the game. :)

As long as your cooking for everyone!! :D

Auron Starglider
November 28th, 2019, 10:58
Okay, I accepted five players (SheckyS, Jagzwar, Richard747parker, Rogich, Gonzalezcauldron)

So most of you said Saturday would be easier to play. So I will switch it to Saturday 4pm if their are no objections? I'm open for anytime really, so it matters not when we start so let me know if this alright or not. I need these players to go ahead and add me on discord badger1017#7622 is my username, be sure to send me a message telling me who you are :D

Any other questions or comments, just post them here or send me a message via here or on Discord.

Thanks
Del

I would love to join, actually. Is there a chance I can join? I do have discord. :)

Jagzwar
November 28th, 2019, 15:23
Hodgie here (Jagzwar on the forums) I just wanted to wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving. I have just downloaded Zerotier.In my two other game groups (one real life f2f fridays that I DM, and one Fantasy Grounds early Saturday mornings) we use a Facebook group for in between session chatting. If this is something you all are interested in I am game.
Anyway, have a safe holiday and I am looking forward to gaming with you all.
-Hodgie

delgondahntelius
November 28th, 2019, 17:26
Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

We can now add Auron Starglider to the mix, which makes six. I was actually saving a spot for someone I know on the FGC discord server, but that may not pan out. There are two players that I accepted who I have not heard from, both new to the boards they said. So come saturday, we will move on without them. Make sure you all do what Jagzwar did and download zerotier @ https://www.zerotier.com please :D

SheckyS
November 28th, 2019, 18:26
What's a Zerotier?

Rogich
November 28th, 2019, 18:27
Thanks for the invite. Unfortunately, I can only participate if we have a late morning/early afternoon start and we wrap up by 5:00 - 5:30 PM Eastern. I'm in another campaign on Saturday evenings that's been going for almost a year now and I'd like to continue with them. I mentioned this to the DM in my original message but perhaps it was missed. If I'm the only player with this scheduling restriction or if everyone else is OK with the existing start time, I'd be fine with giving up my spot for another player. Please let me know so I can plan for the weekend. Thanks.

delgondahntelius
November 28th, 2019, 19:43
I will find out if everyone can play at an earlier date.

Jagzwar
November 28th, 2019, 20:30
Sadly I get out of one game at 2pm (1 central) every Saturday. If 1-5 central works on a Saturday i can swing it but that would mean hopping out of one into another with no break and no option for the earlier campaign to extend play a few minutes to wrap up an encounter. I only recently began this other campaign and would hate to drop out but can if it is neccessary.

SheckyS
November 29th, 2019, 01:02
Earliest I could start on Saturday would be around 2 central. Not sure I really want to start that early, but I could make it work. :)

Rogich
November 29th, 2019, 12:39
It's looking increasingly like I'm the only one who needs an earlier start time. I'll wait to hear confirmation from the DM, but as I said I'm happy to give my spot to someone else whose schedule is more conducive to the timeslot.

Auron Starglider
November 29th, 2019, 15:56
It's looking increasingly like I'm the only one who needs an earlier start time. I'll wait to hear confirmation from the DM, but as I said I'm happy to give my spot to someone else whose schedule is more conducive to the timeslot.

I have someone else who is wanting to run a campaign of his own later in the day (around 6-7 PM EST) - I am waiting on the group to get assembled for that one. As such, when that game does launch, I would also benefit from an earlier start time.

delgondahntelius
November 29th, 2019, 18:07
Shecky .. Zerotier is a VPN that is needed to connect to me to play .. just go to https://www.zerotier.com and make an account and download the program.. .it's extremely simple to use and will be needed to play on my FG server.

Thanks

SheckyS
November 29th, 2019, 19:47
Why do we need a VPN to connect to you? :)

delgondahntelius
November 29th, 2019, 22:20
@sheckys: because FG requires port 1802 and apparently the way my internet is set up, I can't port forward to it, so I need a vpn that everyone can join and use that ip to connect.

@everyone: I want everyone to have a chance to play but I see we can't satisfy everyone, so I am going to keep the 4pm central time start up. So I hope at least a few of you can make it. No worries, we will find people and make a whole party, it just might take some time.

SheckyS
November 30th, 2019, 00:46
@sheckys: because FG requires port 1802 and apparently the way my internet is set up, I can't port forward to it, so I need a vpn that everyone can join and use that ip to connect.

Oh, that makes sense, I guess. :)
I remember it was a colossal pain to set mine up. :-P

Rogich
November 30th, 2019, 15:36
@everyone: I want everyone to have a chance to play but I see we can't satisfy everyone, so I am going to keep the 4pm central time start up. So I hope at least a few of you can make it. No worries, we will find people and make a whole party, it just might take some time.

Fair enough. Sorry I won't be able to join you guys but I hope it's a successful campaign for you all.

StylinLP38
November 30th, 2019, 16:43
Hello, that is fantastic someone is finally going to be running Greyhawk Temple of Elemental Evil! I see you are running the new module that happens 10 or 20 yrs after that first mega module. I would really enjoy playing that. Last year I played in 3 groups and now looking to to play again. The schedule is perfect and can attend with no problems with microphone and full license and D&D FG books. Also have webcam if needed. Been a DM and Player for 25 years off and on and like to explore, scoobydoo mystery pursuit, make a name for myself in the campaign world. Im available starting today. Please let me know. Sent a request on the calendar.

delgondahntelius
November 30th, 2019, 18:45
you are welcome to join stylinLP38, just send me an invite on Discord badger1017#7622

@everyone: Try to show up at least a half hour early... my connection isn't the best in the world, so I'm going to have you join one at a time to download when you connect.

StylinLP38
November 30th, 2019, 19:34
stylinlp38#1308 I just added my friend request on DIscord. Thank you

Auron Starglider
December 3rd, 2019, 21:46
The first game went very well. I am looking forward to continuing this campaign in the long term.

delgondahntelius
December 7th, 2019, 21:04
apparently, discord & google are having some problems, you may have noticed you can't login or that you can't send messages in discord. Hopefully it will be fixed by 4pm central time, if not, download teamspeak and use the Fantasy Grounds server (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?17071-Voicechat!-Community-TeamSpeak3-Server). I hope to see ya'll there.