PDA

View Full Version : Starfinder Ruleset 1.2.3 and Point Casting Spell Class...

HoloGnome
November 24th, 2019, 06:35
I am not able to get the point-casting class on the spell tab to work in the Starfinder ruleset.

After I set everything up, clicking the button to the left of the point box does not increment the used points in the class header and nothing ends up in the chat. It appears to be disconnected.

I included a default cast so that it will print to the chat, but that doesn't increment the used points.

Is this a known problem? Has anyone tried it? Thx.

Samarex
November 24th, 2019, 10:11
I am not able to get the point-casting class on the spell tab to work in the Starfinder ruleset.

After I set everything up, clicking the button to the left of the point box does not increment the used points in the class header and nothing ends up in the chat. It appears to be disconnected.

I included a default cast so that it will print to the chat, but that doesn't increment the used points.

Is this a known problem? Has anyone tried it? Thx.

I will look to see what its doing. Just wondering what your setting up, all spell casters in Starfinder are spontionus spell casters.

HoloGnome
November 24th, 2019, 18:19
I am using point casting to manage the resolve pool for channels - healing/harming undead. It is a typical use...but there are also other good uses -- any time there is a pool of resources to manage that refreshes with a rest.

You can see the issue in the Keskodai Pregen (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?52305-SFS-2-09-Bluerise-Breakout-SUN-November-24th-2-PM-UTC&p=464602&viewfull=1#post464602) I posted last night to check it out. It definitely seems to not be working properly.

HoloGnome
November 29th, 2019, 21:56
Prepared caster cantrips are also not working properly on the Spells tab. Only 1 cantrip shows in Combat mode and there is no way to activate others. It seems like an oversight. For example, I am using it to set up multiple spell gems, and Level 0 doesn't work. The workaround is to move them to the L1 spell section, activate the circle at the left in preparation mode, then move them back to the L0 section. Then, it works.

Milke
December 9th, 2019, 22:44
Where do I actually get the Starfinder ruleset?

Samarex
December 9th, 2019, 23:05
Where do I actually get the Starfinder ruleset?

It comes with the default rule sets for Fantasy Grounds.

Milke
December 10th, 2019, 00:00
Okay. The reason I asked is I tried making a blank Starfinder campaign. And there were no classes. No creatures. Nothing.

Samarex
December 10th, 2019, 00:16
Okay. The reason I asked is I tried making a blank Starfinder campaign. And there were no classes. No creatures. Nothing.

Ok the Rule set comes with fantasy grounds, but the Starfinder Core Rule Book does not , That needs to be purchased in the Store.

It use to be that you had to buy SFRPG (it came with the Core Rule Book). but they have added the rule set to the list of default rule sets so developers can create extensions for the system. But the Core Reference Manual with all it data still needs to be purchased.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.php?id=PZOSMWPZO7101FG

Milke
December 10th, 2019, 00:43
I looked for for the Starfinder core book in the store, but I can't find it. I'll keep trying.

Moon Wizard
December 10th, 2019, 00:50
Here's the link:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.php?id=PZOSMWPZO7101FG

Regards,
JPG

Samarex
December 10th, 2019, 01:21
I am using point casting to manage the resolve pool for channels - healing/harming undead. It is a typical use...but there are also other good uses -- any time there is a pool of resources to manage that refreshes with a rest.

You can see the issue in the Keskodai Pregen (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?52305-SFS-2-09-Bluerise-Breakout-SUN-November-24th-2-PM-UTC&p=464602&viewfull=1#post464602) I posted last night to check it out. It definitely seems to not be working properly.

Ok the Spells tab is on my list to update, above is one of the reasons.

Until then you can use the Actions tab to do this. (The spells tab I plan to update to work allot like the Actions tab does.) and since Channeling is a Ability not a spell it should really be on the Actions Tab anyway.

1- Create a Ability Section (Call it Channels)
2- Change # of sections to 1
3- Select the Class and do a overnight rest to update the RP number.
4- Name the Section what you want I put Channels
5- Add 2 Actions (1- Heal 2- Harm)
[For Heal]
1-Add Cast Action
2-Change RP to the cost of using the action
3-Add Heal Action and configure the action for heal amount.

[For Harm]
1-Add Cast Action
2-Change RP to the cost of using the action
3-Add Heal Action and configure the action for damage amount and save if applicable.

To the Left of the name you can change that number to How many time a day it can be used.

When you use either one it will report Spent RP and your Current RP will drop.

Milke
December 10th, 2019, 01:45
Thanks, Moon Wizard.
I was just clicking on Starfinder store and scrolling. And it wasn't showing up. Got it now.

Samarex
December 10th, 2019, 02:11
Thanks, Moon Wizard.
I was just clicking on Starfinder store and scrolling. And it wasn't showing up. Got it now.

You can use the drop down and set filter by By Game System to Starfinder and you will get a list of all the Starfinder stuff.

jdhavens
January 24th, 2020, 04:20
I am also having trouble with my spell slots. It is making me prepare spells like in pathfinder it doesn't have spell slots like 5e. If I don't have them prepared it has no spells in the combat tab.

jdhavens
January 24th, 2020, 04:26
Never mind I figured it out.