PDA

View Full Version : FGU Updater no longer working

Marmus
November 23rd, 2019, 15:26
I have had Unity in my computer since it was released for Beta. I have done very little with it. I had opened it and played around a bit, but nothing wild. It has been several weeks since I last opened the program. Today I opened it and hit the "Check for Updates" button. It closed the main program, then nothing. Nothing shows as running in Task Manager. Same thing happens when I click the "Settings" button. Multiple attempts, restarts, etc. Nothing. I decided to try Uninstall and re-install. But the same thing happens with the Uninstall program link located in the Windows menu under Smiteworks. The program did not run. (I see that Uninstall uses the Updater program, so makes sense that it does not work also).

I located the Updater program within the Smiteworks folders. I ran it, works, gave me a warming about having proper access to file writing because it was not opened through the main program. I ignored it....it seemed to have updated the files. But the "Check for Updates" and "Settings" buttons still do not work within the main program.

Any ideas?

LordEntrails
November 23rd, 2019, 15:54
I just ran it last night with no problems. If you are getting permission errors, then you should check the permissions on the executable and the folder.

Not sure specifically how to resolve without re-installing FGU if the permissions change doesn't resolve it.

Oh, their is both a console.log and an updater.log files, check those and post them here.

Marmus
November 23rd, 2019, 16:13
OK. Thanks.

I'd have no issue just re-installing (my preferred fix for betas), but the Uninstaller isn't working. Even when I go into Windows Control Panel to Uninstall, it doesn't work. I'd delete the folders, but I know that can mess everything up, LOL!

console.log only has "[11/23/2019 10:15:41 AM] [NOTICE] Launcher scene starting."

Do you mean FGUpdaterEngine.log?

LordEntrails
November 23rd, 2019, 18:10
Yea, I probably got the updater log file name wrong :)

Hopefully someone else will jump in with more info useful than me!