PDA

View Full Version : Action Symbols in a Custom Heritage?

MaxAstro
November 21st, 2019, 17:18
Trying to figure out how to type the actions symbols for the description of a custom heritage that includes an action. I've seen threads on the forum saying to use [[AA]] or [two-actions] and then lock the entry, close and reopen, but that doesn't seem to be working.

Trenloe
November 21st, 2019, 17:22
The text replacements only work for specific fields that regularly have action symbols in them.

For standard text fields, you could always use the ALT codes detailed here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50246-Pathfinder-Second-Edition-PFRPG2-Ruleset-Status-issues-and-ongoing-development&p=449356&viewfull=1#post449356

Trenloe
November 21st, 2019, 17:44
I've added an "Action Symbols" page to the Wiki -> User Guides -> PFRPG2 section: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/PFRPG2_Action_Symbols

MaxAstro
November 21st, 2019, 17:48
Oh, okay.

Unfortunately my tablet doesn't support alt-codes so I'll have to improvise... If I just needed the one action symbol I could copy/paste it from one of the classes that has a one action class feature, but I haven't seen any two action class features I can copy. >.<

Trenloe
November 21st, 2019, 17:56
If I just needed the one action symbol I could copy/paste it from one of the classes that has a one action class feature, but I haven't seen any two action class features I can copy. >.<
Copy the symbol from any field - it doesn't have to be the same field. Text is text wherever you get it from. Take it from a spell, or an NPC ability section, or somewhere else...

MaxAstro
November 21st, 2019, 18:13
Ah! I hadn't tried spells.

For feats, the action symbols are in a place where you can't copy them; I assumed spells would be the same way. That works then, thanks!

kaernunnos
December 8th, 2019, 01:28
How does one actually add a heritage? I'm adding a homebrew race but I'm not seeing a button to list heritage.

Edit: Nvm, found it nested in ancestries.