PDA

View Full Version : Mod Community Request: Custom Shareable Number Field

Gigermann
November 21st, 2019, 15:25
This ought to be super simple, but it's not something I have the knowledge base to do myself.

Basic Version:

A shareable GM "panel" with nothing but a number-field and an editable title
I'd probably tie it, somehow, to the Party panel—for a place to put the hide/show button—but, anywhere's fine

Extras:

Ability to add/delete additional such fields to the panel

The point? Basically, I wanted somewhere to keep running track of things like "Plot Points," that I could share with the players as needed. Since I can end up with multiple kinds of Plot Points, it's helpful to have more than one. Could also keep track of things like party-level kill count, or reputation points, etc. Could even use it as a "countdown clock."

Nexos
November 25th, 2019, 11:04
Can't you do it using a Note or a Story entry containing a table?

Gigermann
November 25th, 2019, 15:08
Can't you do it using a Note or a Story entry containing a table?
That's how we have to do it now. I don't like it. Feels clunky. Plus, I'd like to be able to "dress it up" graphically.

DingoSoulEater
November 26th, 2019, 09:54
I've been ballparking working on something like this for a while, as while sharing note/story fields is useful - a simple number field might be more useful. I'm holding for a bit until FGU gets more stable because i'd like to get it to work in both.

General premise is a new display item type called simply 'Counters';
A given counter will have a single number entry field, a name, and an optional, expandable lists of 'thresholds' where if the number is higher or lower than a certain value - it appends a message to it. This way you could have, say...

TALLY [#]
(If above 35 - 'OVER THRESHOLD')
(if above 40 - 'OVER THRESHOLD +1 CALAMITY')
(if above 45 - 'OVER THRESHOLD +2 CALAMITY')
[etc..]

or

RAD POINTS [#]
(if < 3 - 'IRRADIATED, 1/2 MOVE')
[etc...]