PDA

View Full Version : 5e problem after 3.3.9 Ultimate update

m3j3m5
November 20th, 2019, 20:48
So after the latest update my 5e campaigns will not load. I get the following error:

Ruleset Error: desktop: Could not find hot key title font ()
Ruleset Error: desktop: Could not find hot key label font ()
Ruleset Error: mouse: Could not find drag font (draglabel)
Ruleset Error: desktop: Could not find tooltip font ()
Ruleset Error: radial: Could not find hub icon (menuhub)
Ruleset Error: radial: Could not find back icon (menuback)
Ruleset Error: desktop: Could not find die modifier font (diemod)
Ruleset Error: desktop: Could not find die sum font (diemod)
Ruleset Error: desktop: Could not find die result font (dieresult)
Ruleset Error: desktop: Could not find poll empty icon ()
Ruleset Error: desktop: Could not find poll positive icon ()
Ruleset Error: imagecontrol: Could not find distance font (modcollectorlabel)
Runtime Notice: Returning to launcher

Additional data:

Under Load Campaign: 5e Sample Campaign does not load
Under Create New Campaign:
5e is available but has no icon
5e will not "Start"
Selecting 5e shows no release or license information

Any help would be appreciated. Supposed to have a session tonight.

Trenloe
November 20th, 2019, 20:50
Welcome to the FG forums. Sorry you're having issues. This looks like maybe your system has an incomplete 5E ruleset file.

Try this: Go to the <FG app data>\rulesets directory and delete 5E.pak then run a new update. This will download a fresh copy of the 5E ruleset.

m3j3m5
November 20th, 2019, 21:02
Thanks for the reply but unfortunately that is the only thing I had already tried based on previous research. The file I am getting is size: 6.33 MB (6,638,333 bytes). Do you know if it is safe and useful to delete the 5e* files under vault and do the same thing?

Trenloe
November 20th, 2019, 21:31
This issue won't be caused by the files in the vault - they are data modules, not the ruleset.

Try creating a new campaign with just CoreRPG as the ruleset - this will give us an idea if the issue is with the underlying ruleset or not.

Also check your <FG App data>\rulesets directory for unzipped CoreRPG and 5E directories.

m3j3m5
November 20th, 2019, 21:47
So that worked. I tried to create a 3.5 campaign and received a CoreRPG missing error. So I deleted and updated CoreRPG, and that fixed the 3.5 problem. But it did not fix the 5e problem. I had to delete 5e again and update for that to come back. Thanks for the help.

DarthSidious
January 4th, 2020, 04:52
I'm having this same error and I cannot find my 5E files at all. Any advice on this?

Trenloe
January 4th, 2020, 06:50
I'm having this same error and I cannot find my 5E files at all. Any advice on this?
Welcome to the FG forums!

Where you see <FG app data> in my posts above, this is the FG application data directory. You get to the directory by clicking the folder icon in the top right corner of the main FG start screen.