PDA

View Full Version : Best way of running familiars, commpaniions, etc in FG

KILLGORE
November 20th, 2019, 03:27
Whats the best way you guys and girls find running companions in FG? I primarily play Pathfinder 1 and 2 and I am finding the best way is to make up a NPC sheet for the character, turning the companion into a friendly creature in the combat tracker, then letting the player control it. The problem I am facing is with initiative. Is there anyway to "bind" one entity in the CT with another so they roll the same or does it have to manual every time?

Trenloe
November 20th, 2019, 03:28
You'll need to change the initiative manually.

KILLGORE
November 20th, 2019, 03:33
You'll need to change the initiative manually.

haha I was afraid of that. You being one of the more privy to knowledge or a better listener....do you think there is a way to add this type of functionality at some point?

Trenloe
November 20th, 2019, 03:41
It certainly could be done with an extension. In terms of adding it to a base ruleset, I may look at it in PFRPG2 somewhere way down the road for familiar and companion initiative, but it would really be better if implemented as an option in CoreRPG for use in all layered rulesets.

KILLGORE
November 20th, 2019, 03:46
It certainly could be done with an extension. In terms of adding it to a base ruleset, I may look at it in PFRPG2 somewhere way down the road for familiar and companion initiative, but it would really be better if implemented as an option in CoreRPG for use in all layered rulesets.

Yeah I am sure there is a huge list of better time spent on something else! I really like to have everything in place like this and I was just hoping i was not missing some little setting somewhere to better control these things in the CT. Something else I always wanted was the ability to draw a shape (with both mouse buttons) and dragging that shape into a quick slot. That would be cool also. For frequently used spells, AOE's, etc.

LordEntrails
November 20th, 2019, 15:25
Given that companions tend to stay around a long time, I do them as a PC, and have the player then control two characters. But then as GM I manually edit the Initiative number.

KILLGORE
November 23rd, 2019, 01:32
Thats what I am doing now, just wondering if there was a better way.