PDA

View Full Version : Error trying to open modules

dellanx
November 19th, 2019, 01:46
When I opened the campaign, no modules were loaded. Pressed the button in Library "Modules", got no further.

Moon Wizard
November 19th, 2019, 01:59
I'm not sure what that means. In general, we need a lot more detail for bug reports in order to reproduce the issue here. A high-level summary of the issue doesn't help us to figure out the issue. In fact, we need as much detail as possible, including specific steps and data to recreate. Try reviewing this post on posting issues:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?51687-How-to-Report-Issues-Bugs-and-Problems

* Was this a FGC campaign that you were trying to open in FGU? Or is this a campaign that you created new in FGU?

* Why would modules be loaded in this campaign? Is this because it was a FGC campaign that had previously loaded modules? Or did you successfully open this campaign previously in FGU and had modules loaded?

* What ruleset was this campaign based on? Did you have any extensions loaded?

* What do you mean by the statement that "no modules were loaded"? Did you receive errors? Were you able to go to the Library and the modules didn't appear loaded?

* Which modules are missing? (Not all modules are available in the FGU patch system yet.)

* What do you mean by "pressed the button in Library Modules, got no further"? Does this mean you were able to load to the tabletop, and open the Library? Assuming you did and pressed the Modules button, what happened next? Were there errors? Did the app hang? How long did you wait? Do you have any custom modules installed?

Thanks,
JPG

LordEntrails
November 19th, 2019, 02:01
You got no further because what happened? Did your computer start smoking? Did FGU close? What shows up in your console.log file? Is it repeatable?

Please see the How to Report... thread so that you can give enough information to help solve this.

dellanx
November 19th, 2019, 02:14
You got no further because what happened? Nothing Just Stuck
Did your computer start smoking? No
Did FGU close? Got a Window Window that asked me if I wanted to Close FGU
What shows up in your console.log file? Nothing
Is it repeatable? I will try and see

I attached 30343.

dellanx
November 19th, 2019, 02:19
After click 30344. The mouse icon is spinning. 3-4 Min and crashed FGU.

LordEntrails
November 19th, 2019, 02:24
That helps. What about the questions Moon asked?

dellanx
November 19th, 2019, 02:24
After It took few minutes to open a folder on my PC, I am rebooting the PC now.

dellanx
November 19th, 2019, 02:43
Moon Wizard and LordEntrails thanks you for your patients,

* Was this a FGC campaign that you were trying to open in FGU? Or is this a campaign that you created new in FGU?

It was the portion of the campaign that loads. What I did notice before the crash is that when I pressed on the "NPC" and "STORY" buttons, stories and NPCs loaded relatively fast. This is the portion that was not exported in the FG Classic.

* Why would modules be loaded in this campaign?

No Modules are loaded at all, accept after FGU opened, I saw a few Stories loaded from the "1.0 Anlira" module, even though it was not loaded through the Library (i.e., no modules loaded ~ Using PFRPG).

Is this because it was a FGC campaign that had previously loaded modules?

Yes the FGC campaign all of these modules are loaded.

Or did you successfully open this campaign previously in FGU and had modules loaded?
A week ago I could load other modules and this module "COTCT Story+.mod" that I created.

* What ruleset was this campaign based on? Did you have any extensions loaded?
PFRPG and no extensions

* What do you mean by the statement that "no modules were loaded"? Did you receive errors? Were you able to go to the Library and the modules didn't appear loaded?

See above info reference crash.

* Which modules are missing? (Not all modules are available in the FGU patch system yet.)
30345 to modules in the Module folder, never got to the part where I could try to load them.

* What do you mean by "pressed the button in Library Modules, got no further"? Does this mean you were able to load to the tabletop, and open the Library? Assuming you did and pressed the Modules button, what happened next? Were there errors? Did the app hang? How long did you wait? Do you have any custom modules installed?
Yes ~ Crash - See above.

Hope this helps.

LordEntrails
November 19th, 2019, 02:46
I'll let Moon follow up. But until he does, what happens if you try to open the module "COTCT Story+.mod" in a new campaign you created in FGU? I'm guessing the special character in the module file name is the problem :)

dellanx
November 19th, 2019, 02:53
I'll let Moon follow up. But until he does, what happens if you try to open the module "COTCT Story+.mod" in a new campaign you created in FGU? I'm guessing the special character in the module file name is the problem :)

I actually was able to find an earlier version of the campaign where I do not need that module. Re-copying the modules and campaigns from FGC and will try again. See if problem repeats.

dellanx
November 19th, 2019, 03:14
This is the log on open FGU:

[11/18/2019 8:58:12 PM] [NOTICE] Launcher scene starting.
[11/18/2019 8:58:21 PM] [NOTICE] Spawning private server.
[11/18/2019 8:58:21 PM] [NOTICE] Connected to game server.
[11/18/2019 8:58:21 PM] [NOTICE] Launcher scene exiting.
[11/18/2019 8:58:21 PM] [NOTICE] Tabletop scene starting.
[11/18/2019 9:01:34 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Process Data File (PFRPG GameMastery Guide NPCs): An error occurred while parsing EntityName. Line 1469, position 599.
[11/18/2019 9:02:09 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Process Data File (d20pfsrd Equipment): An error occurred while parsing EntityName. Line 147, position 25.
[11/18/2019 9:02:09 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Process Data File (d20pfsrd Feats): An error occurred while parsing EntityName. Line 147, position 25.
[11/18/2019 9:02:09 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Process Data File (d20pfsrd Traits): An error occurred while parsing EntityName. Line 147, position 25.

The "Module" 30346 in "Library" is working properly. I must have been trying to open thing for the old campaign. After I pressed the "Module" button a window opened, I closed that window to make a screenshot. Then pressed the "Module" button again and FGU 30347. I tried to take a screenshot after I saw the windows massage that FGU crashed, and got 30348.

Thanks

dellanx
November 19th, 2019, 03:21
This is list of the modules used in the FGC, and now FGU "Module" 30349. Moon Wizard has seen the "1.0 Anlira.mod" and "Varisia.mod". I have not sent him the "Transfer.mod". Same thing happens after crash the PC is slower.

Thanks

dellanx
November 19th, 2019, 04:11
PC Has been very slow. Did several reboots. Deleted the FGU data folder and did a fresh re-install. Some programs still load slower.

dellanx
November 19th, 2019, 04:37
Uninstalling Discord, rebooting and Reinstalling Discord Fixed the problem of the PC being slow. For some reason Discord was slowing down the computer.

Moon Wizard
November 21st, 2019, 00:11
dellanx,

Module Load Issues
The four modules that report errors above are not modules that we provide (GameMastery Guide NPCs, d20pfsrd Equipment, d20pfsrd Feats, d20pfsrd Traits); and appear to be modules provided by the community. As mentioned in other similar threads for module load issues, the XML parser in FGU is stricter, so the XML will need to be made official XML-compliant in those modules before they can be loaded.

The most common issue we've seen is the inclusion of an unescaped ampersand character "&" in the data. It should be "&amp;" to be correctly encoded for to be XML-compliant. You should reach out to the community members who made those modules to get them updated.

These issues will be identified by any text editor with XML validation capabilities (such as Notepad++ with XML Tools plugin).

Crash on Modules List Activation
As in previous correspondence with you on loading old campaigns; the beta is not ready for opening large numbers of modules, as you will hit physical memory limits which cause a hard crash. We did push out a client update about a week ago that helps reduce the memory requirement for modules; but does not solve the limit yet. Please make sure that you are using the latest version; and that you reduce your module usage until we announce further updates on memory performance.

Regards,
JPG