PDA

View Full Version : 5e Campaign Group LFP - CT USA - Waterdeep: Dragon Heist Campaign Module

Diamond Geezer
November 15th, 2019, 01:10
11/10/2019 - Update: We are looking for 2-3 players to pop into our weekly Dragon Heist campaign. We are about 75% complete.
Looking for any arcane or divine caster. A support character would be great.
Your toon will be coming in at level 4 of any single or multi-class combination.
All class and race options are open as listed in the original gaming description.

Our campaign is planning to play through to level 20 so you'll be dropping into this adventure and will fully participate into the next adventure.
Please PM me directly if you are interested in joining our campaign.

PM me if interested.

Fantasy Grounds License: Ultimate (Anyone with demo license or above can join)
Time: Thu 7pm-10pm CST USA
Module: Waterdeep: Dragon Heist
Starting Level: 1 with max hp and a 100gp non-magical item level up to 4 to start.
Rulesets: PHB, DMG, MM, SCAG, VGtM, MToF
Discord Server: Voice Chat

Classes: Any listed in the ruleset
Races: Any listed in the rulesets
Ability Roles: 27 point buy, 4d6 or standard stats

Post a reply if you'd like to discuss joining the WDH campaign.
I will reach out to you asap to discuss or answer questions.

Thanks much! Hope to see you in Waterdeep!

Travellintroll
November 15th, 2019, 04:31
Sent you a PM

thc1967
November 15th, 2019, 16:36
I would like to be considered to join this group.

I've played TTRPG's since D&D 1e and I RP in MMO's as well. I enjoy a healthy mix of combat, puzzles, and RP in table-top games. I try to keep my character's personality, objectives, and mannerisms top of mind while playing. Sometimes, they don't make the "meta" best decisions for the situation, but they ought to do what they would do given who they are.

I can and have played everything from the party "glue" to the evil warlock hells-bent on corrupting the Paladin (and quite successful at it, I might add).

I'm comfortable playing any class / any role. At this point, I kind of prefer the challenge of letting the party's needs dictate who and what I play. If we need a controlling spell-caster, I'm good with that. Tank? Awesome. Healer? Yep. Skill monkey? Sure thing.

I could certainly offer up a couple of character concepts when I understand the party's needs better.

The immediate questions that I have are:

Does the session usually end at 10 Central sharp, or is there the likelihood that they'll run long? I'm in EDT with a fairly early start to my day. 10 Central is good. 10:30 is survivable. 11:00 is bad.

What is the plan from Dragon Heist to 20?

Where does the campaign fall in RP vs Combat vs Puzzles, etc?

Thanks!

Diamond Geezer
November 15th, 2019, 18:45

All good questions. Let me see if I can round up some answers!

1. The sessions end right around 10pm +/- about 15 min depending on if we're in a particularly prickly combat for example. They never go longer than that.
2. The current plan is Dungeon of the Mad Mage to the bitter end (i.e, level 20). I have some level 20"ish" content i'm working on. /evilgrin
3. The Dragon Heist adventure is RP filled, so the content now is about 60% RP - and not always the smartest decisions are made =), 30% combat - but that will go higher as we are rounding the clubhouse turn in the adventure and approaching the heroic chapter and adventure culminations!
We're not in a hurry. We're having fun overall. Our group has been playing for almost 11 months and we're enjoying the journey rather than rushing to the destination.
Now, the group has rabbit trailed off primary path a buncha times, but we just take it in stride.
Our current party makeup is:

Human Paladin - lvl 4
Elven Ranger - lvl 4
Gnome Rogue - lvl 4
Human Wizard - lvl 4 (no combat spells! interesting RP!) member had to drop out due to work
Lizardman Druid - lvl 4 member had to drop out due to work.

So, i'm looking for 2-3 players to play whatever they want to play, so don't feel pigeon-holed to play any specific class. I adjust the adventure to accommodate the party makeup.
All classes, all races in all official rulebooks are open to you - this is Waterdeep the city of Splendors after all!

I will say - if you're looking for build God toons - this isn't the campaign for you. We plod along as the RP and adventure take us.
We're in it for the long haul - so we're looking for players who enjoy the spirit of the game, a fun time, and are in it for those things.

Hope that helps - and I hope to see you on our team running along side us from the City Watch in Waterdeep.

Death from Below
November 15th, 2019, 19:09
Hi MIJedi, This post caught my eye while I was looking around for a group to join, mainly b/c I'm in Stamford CT and looking for groups stateside. Thursday nights work well for me, as would fri, sat or even sunday night if needed.

About me: Typical story, played in the 80s. Started playing again with same friends 2 years ago, we played Keep on the Borderlands last year. I've DM'd Phandelver twice, and currently DMing Strahd for my son and his friends. I need to be a player at this point.

I'm not comfortable with being a wizard, but I can play a rogue halfling, half orc barbarian (Tank), or ranger wood elf with archery and beast master skills. If your druid dropped out, i could play a hill dwarf cleric with Disciple of Life (lots of healing skills) to help out. Let me know. Thanks.

Diamond Geezer
November 16th, 2019, 02:34
Filled the character party.

Thanks for the inquiries.