PDA

View Full Version : Map UI Questions/Requests

GarthGiantbane
November 14th, 2019, 21:38
Global "Closed" button - Can DM's get an option to close all of the doors, secret doors and terrain areas on a map with one click? I'm not sure if the objects automatically revert to closed at any point - new campaign or something. I just

Key Stroke movement definitions for diagonal and half square movement - In a couple of Doug's videos he mentions he likes using the arrow keys to move the player PC around the map and I like that too. Maps that have cavern areas tend not to be square and moving diagonal or even "between" squares to maneuver between narrow twisty pathways would be better if there was a key combo to do that. I just finished a large cavern style map and during testing, the character token could only get through by picking up the token and moving it half a square or diagonally to resume with the arrow keys.

Just thought I'd throw it out there.

Zacchaeus
November 14th, 2019, 22:15
Key Stroke movement definitions for diagonal and half square movement - In a couple of Doug's videos he mentions he likes using the arrow keys to move the player PC around the map and I like that too. Maps that have cavern areas tend not to be square and moving diagonal or even "between" squares to maneuver between narrow twisty pathways would be better if there was a key combo to do that. I just finished a large cavern style map and during testing, the character token could only get through by picking up the token and moving it half a square or diagonally to resume with the arrow keys.

Use the numpad on your keyboard. Numbers 1,3, 7 and 9 move tokens diagonally. Turn off numlock first.

GarthGiantbane
November 15th, 2019, 14:30
Thanks for the info - I didn't know that!

LordEntrails
November 16th, 2019, 03:20
Use the numpad on your keyboard. Numbers 1,3, 7 and 9 move tokens diagonally. Turn off numlock first.
Some of us don't have number pads :(

Moon Wizard
November 17th, 2019, 02:30
Thanks for checking in. I've added a feature request for global close, lock and unlock on door LOS blockers. It's something we've thought about, but we'll probably look at after launch. it's one of the reasons why doors and terrain are defined separately, because we envisioned that there might be features that would only apply to one or the other, even though they behave similarly now.

Regards,
JPG

Neovirtus
November 18th, 2019, 14:25
USB connected number pads can be had for less than $10 on Amazon, if diagonal movement is big deal for you.

mattekure
November 18th, 2019, 14:34
Some of us don't have number pads :(

I also noticed that the Home, Page UP, End, and Page Down keys move diagonally.

LordEntrails
November 18th, 2019, 16:24
USB connected number pads can be had for less than $10 on Amazon, if diagonal movement is big deal for you.
Nah, just thought I would whine :)

I also noticed that the Home, Page UP, End, and Page Down keys move diagonally.
Awesome, good to know, Thanks again Matt!