PDA

View Full Version : Calendar Date Calculations in FGU?

jrh18
November 14th, 2019, 18:44
I have a custom calendar for Taldor'ei and in it, there is a custom calculator to assign the days of the week correctly. This is an LUA script. What do I need to do to get the calendar to work against with a non-gregorian set of days in a month?

Andraax
November 14th, 2019, 19:13
Should work the same in FGU; have you tried it?

Trenloe
November 14th, 2019, 19:14
What happens when you try to load your calendar files in FGU?

LordEntrails
November 14th, 2019, 19:15
I would assume (!) The same as in FGC... does it work in FGC and not in FGU? Are you getting error messages or are you just starting to code the new calendar?

Their is a calendar tutorial on the forums somewhere...

Edit: ninja'd, twice!

jrh18
November 15th, 2019, 00:49
When I load it into a campaign that was using it in FG classic it doesn't change the days to where they should be, it instead starts every month as the first day of the week.
THis is how it looks in my FGC campaign

This is how it looks in the FGU campaign. It looks the same after I reset the calendar too:

It looks the same when I create a new campaign.

mattekure
November 15th, 2019, 01:11
Can you post the calendar you are using? The calendar tutorial is here. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?47885-Fantasy-Grounds-Custom-Calendar-Tutorial

jrh18
November 15th, 2019, 01:18
The calendar is attached. And that is a great tutorial, it is what I used to create the calendar originally.

mattekure
November 15th, 2019, 01:21
Ok, right off I can tell you that having just a module, it will not be able to wrap the days. The capability to do that can only be added by an extension. Is there an extension for this calendar in your FGC install that perhaps didnt get copied over to your FGU?

mattekure
November 15th, 2019, 01:24
Perhaps I misread your first post. Does it wrap the days properly in FGC but not in FGU? Or are you asking for how to make it wrap the days of the week?

mattekure
November 15th, 2019, 01:46
I went through some older files and found the extension file that you need to work with your module. its attached to this post.

Here is a screenshot of using this extension with the calendar module you posted earlier in FGU.

jrh18
November 15th, 2019, 01:52
Sigh. Thanks for the reminder that I needed to add the ext to get the calendar to work. Once I did that it worked fine.