PDA

View Full Version : Looking for players.

November 17th, 2006, 20:32
Hello, I new at this FG thing, but have GM'd for years. Looking for players, to help start up the FG. West coast, times flexable..

can be emailed at [email protected]

Armolle
November 17th, 2006, 22:39
I'm on the easy coast but I have a pretty flexible schedule, when you decide on a time let me know but I'm definetly interested

Snikle
November 17th, 2006, 22:47
What game system?

November 19th, 2006, 15:48
This is a game I will be running about once a week, using D&D 3.5 rules.
Useing Forgotten Realms Campaign.

UberDoomer
November 20th, 2006, 22:28
Hello, Im a west coaster(Okanagan,B.C.) and I would be interested in this campaign. I have a fair bit of expereince playing a game using Open RPG, as both DM, and player, mainly DM, but dont think that means I want to tell you how to run your game, quite the opposite. I really just want to be a player. I have had Fantasy Grounds for a long time but never really had the time to commit(and I kinda prefferd Open for running games, so??). Anyways that has changed recentley and I thought Id try and find a game to be a player in. I currentley run a PnP game around once a week using DnD 3.5 standard setting, grey hawk I suppose, Im relatively familar with Forgotten, and can gain access to any books withing reason. I'm into playing pretty well anything, dont really like evil campaign, but that is usually cause I'm DM'ng them....lol, so I guess what I'm trying to say is Im a very easy going type looking to finally give FG a proper check out, If I have a little fun and a few laughs along the way, so much the better. Look forward to hearing from you, and I just wanbt to say, if you are looking for a different type player, more familar with all the FR lore and such, dont hesitate to say, Ive not a thin skin, and I know DM's usally have a fair idea the players they are looking for too fit a particular scenario or what have you.
Guess Ill leave off there, I'll keep an eye on the thread for a few, or you can PM me,best of luck either way.

Blue Haven
November 21st, 2006, 16:52
Hi there :) i´m interessed in playing and help you out in FG but i´m from Europe my time is GMT is there any change to play with you...?

DizLegion
November 21st, 2006, 18:26
Hello,

Depending on what day and time you all decide to play, I might be intereted in joining in as well. I have 3.5 and Forgotten Realms experience, but I am new to the FG client. I can play anytime Thur, Fri, and Sat. I am looking to get into a group that plays once a week on a regular basis.

Regards,
Diz

November 24th, 2006, 00:53
Hey..well..if you would like to try my game email me..and we'll make it happen...:0

UberDoomer
November 25th, 2006, 06:19
Hey, I tried to email you, but it wouldnt work, got some screw up between my MSN acct, and my original telus(ISP) acct is MIA,everytime I try to send a email to certain addresses it fails, but thats none of your concern really, I will try to sort it out this weekend(tmmrw) and get in touch. Cheers
UD
EDIT: all right appears my Google mail should reach you allright, so I await a reply.

Also no offense intended, but you might want to flow a little more info. I know from my vast experience with Open RPG, most people arent going to waste much time on a proposed game that they know next to nothing about. I realise its in the planning stages but the more info you put forth the more chance you have of attracting a player, and the better quality players a very picky about how they spend their gaming time. Information like what kind of a campaign do you enjoy, are you heavy into roleplaying, or more hack and slash. Straight ahead dungeon crawl, or are you into heavy political machinations, Aside from it being Forgotten Realms, prosepctive players have nothing to go on.
Ive run a game on Open for years and maintaining a player base is where I spent most of my time, is it where I wanted to spend my time, NO, but if I didnt , we didnt play, simple.
Telling people to just email you, while efficient and simple, it just doesnt attract many players.
I hope you'll take this in the spirit it is offered, simply trying to help you get a good game going, it can be a lot of work, with little reward(at times), can also be a whole lot of fun, if approached with the proper mind set.

flutters_with_pigeons
November 27th, 2006, 09:22
I am interested in playing late-nite games, and I am on EST, which I belieeeeve is appr. 3 hours ahead of you, but I am still talking like about 12 midnight-your Time Zone. Let me know by e-mail if you still need a player and if our times fit.

Blue Haven
December 5th, 2006, 16:30
Ok say in what day do you want to play so i can join...

slowsnake
December 5th, 2006, 23:57
Hi, seeing your listing for players. If room is left give me a reply. I have been using FG for a year as a player. Been using D&D since the early 80's. My time zone is mtm, so ok for you. My days are open are sun-thur nights 5pm to 2am. Also are you thinking of using a voice program. IE teamspeak, yahoo or others? I look for voice games becase of my slow typing. Thanks for your time. David [email protected]

Blue Haven
December 18th, 2006, 17:00
Hi David :) Do you want to start a campaign or something? you have a lot of exp in this i have a lot of games to convert...so :)