View Full Version : Lockup when placing token and move it around

Allmight
November 13th, 2019, 15:03
Ruleset: PFRPG2
Module: AoA AP Fires of the Haunted City
Extensions: None
Modules: Fires of the Haunted City
FGU Updated: Yes, fully

When i am working on LOS, sometimes when i go to play mode and place a player from combat tracker to test the work i have done FGU frequently lock up when i start moving the token around.

This does'nt happen all the time, but the steps i take when it do happen are the following.

Place occluders on the map in LOS mode.
Save my work.
Place a player from combat tracker.
Go to Play mode.
Turn on LOS.
Click on token to activate LOS for it.
Move the token around.

Sometimes it works just fine, sometimes FGU lock up so i have to forcibly close it down.

Something i have reflected over is that i usually have placed terrain as the last thing before testing, but i am not 100% sure on that one.

Moon Wizard
November 16th, 2019, 07:19
Can you share the LOS data that you have for that module from the campaign moduledb/ folder?

It might help us to recreate internally, if we have a map with LOS data where it seems to happen. One of the keys in fixing software is being able to reproduce the issue internally, so we know exactly why the issue is happening and can figure out how to fix.

Regards,
JPG

Allmight
November 16th, 2019, 11:19
Can you share the LOS data that you have for that module from the campaign moduledb/ folder?

It might help us to recreate internally, if we have a map with LOS data where it seems to happen. One of the keys in fixing software is being able to reproduce the issue internally, so we know exactly why the issue is happening and can figure out how to fix.

Regards,
JPG

I will next time it happens. Problem is that it happens randomly. I have yet to find any pattern to it. Only thing i found so far is that it seems to hapen as described above, but in no specific module and/or LOS data. I can place the token and move with the LOS on one map, and it locks up, i restart FGU and try on the same map with same LOS data again, and then it does'nt lock up. And i have really put alot of effort to find a way to reproduce it somewhat reliably, but so far no luck.

Moon Wizard
November 17th, 2019, 02:32
We appreciate your efforts to reproduce. We haven't seen any other specific reports, but it could be the way that you define LOS blockers which is why I was asking for the moduledb file.

Regards,
JPG

Allmight
November 17th, 2019, 10:40
I understand, and will attach the file below.

Last map it happened on is Temple of All Gods 1.

Allmight
November 18th, 2019, 14:38
UPDATE

Okay, seems this is'nt related to LOS work. This seems to happen randomly. Noticed it usually happens when i move around a token from the combat tracker quite agressivly. I moved it around all over the map, and sooner or later FGU stop responding.

This just happened when i was moving around a player in a second instance of FGU, connected to my server. The client locked up after moving around the token for about 1-2 minutes.

Oh, and it does not seem to be confined to one campaign. It has happened in most of my campaigns.

Allmight
November 18th, 2019, 15:16
UPDATE

Okay, seems that when the client locked up, it brought the server with it, or vice versa. When i restart the server it will restore the db. As i reopen the map it happened on, everything seems fine. I can move the map, zoom in and out, pan the map etc. I can even rotate the token of the player, but as soon as i click on the token (select it), the client locks up. This happens everytime i restart and try again.

I will attach the campaign below.

Modules: Hellknight Hill, Core Rules
Extentions: None
FGU Version: Latest
Map: Citadel Altaerin (Located in quick bar)
Num Players on Map: Only one, Bonzo.

pindercarl
November 18th, 2019, 18:18
Was LOS enabled when moving the token? It is implied from your previous post that it was not, but I want to verify.

UPDATE

Okay, seems that when the client locked up, it brought the server with it, or vice versa. When i restart the server it will restore the db. As i reopen the map it happened on, everything seems fine. I can move the map, zoom in and out, pan the map etc. I can even rotate the token of the player, but as soon as i click on the token (select it), the client locks up. This happens everytime i restart and try again.

I will attach the campaign below.

Modules: Hellknight Hill, Core Rules
Extentions: None
FGU Version: Latest
Map: Citadel Altaerin (Located in quick bar)
Num Players on Map: Only one, Bonzo.

Allmight
November 18th, 2019, 18:51
Sorry if i was a bit unclear.

In the first post i insinuated that this only happened after doing some LOS work and then ploping the token down and moving it around to test.
I then retracted that, and said it happened even when i did not do LOS work. By that, i did'nt mean LOS was turned of.

Sorry for that, my bad.

So to answer your question, yes, LOS have been enabled on all occasions where client locked up. To my recollection, the client have never locked up for me in a non LOS situation.

Allmight
November 18th, 2019, 19:03
It never occured to me that LOS could be the culprit. But now that you mentioned it, i went back to the attached campaign to test it again. Turned of LOS before clicking on the token, and lo and behold, no crash. So thanks to that the campaign is once again working (until next lockup). Even if i turn LOS back on after that (after deselecting the token first) it continue to work, even if i reselect the token. So it clearly seems to be related to LOS in some way.