PDA

View Full Version : Maps

LoremasterCBurke
November 13th, 2019, 03:28
Trying to link my forest maps together. For my group that is in a running battle in the forest of Mirkwood.
Thank you for the help.

seycyrus
November 13th, 2019, 07:09
Trying to link my forest maps together. For my group that is in a running battle in the forest of Mirkwood.
Thank you for the help.

What seems to be the problem? Can you be more specific about your issue?

Zacchaeus
November 13th, 2019, 08:25
If you mean that you are trying to tile maps together within FG then you won't be able to do that. If you mean you are trying to create a link on one map to another drag the link of the map you want to link and drop it onto the map you want it to link to.

If neither of these are the problem then we will need more information.

LoremasterCBurke
November 13th, 2019, 23:23
I guess that's what I'm trying to do is tile them together.

LoremasterCBurke
November 13th, 2019, 23:25
I thought there was away to do that. I'll have to figure something out.

Moon Wizard
November 13th, 2019, 23:49
You can put them together in any number of graphics applications, and drop the combined file in your FG campaign images list afterwards.

Regards,
JPG

LoremasterCBurke
November 14th, 2019, 03:25
Ahh didn't think about doing it that way. Thank you JPG

andrewcr
November 14th, 2019, 09:51
I'd you have unsightly map joins Affinity Photo has a good blemish tool. I use this for joined tiles from Heroic Maps.

It's not free but it's much cheaper than Photoshop and they will probably do a deal for black friday which is coming up.

Trenloe
November 14th, 2019, 16:12
Just remember when putting maps together for FG Classic that the maximum resolution for general maps is 2048x2048 pixels. You can go a bit above this for one-off maps, but not for general maps as the memory use could become significant.

LoremasterCBurke
November 15th, 2019, 01:37
Okay. I'm running our Game Adventures in Middle-earth 5e. In FG 5E. Still learning ever game session is getting better. I need to learn Notepad ++ for some of my PDF'S

mattekure
November 15th, 2019, 19:35
notepad++ is extremely helpful when converting PDF's. and if you spend some time learning how to use regular expressions, it becomes amazingly powerful for search/replace fixing.

GavinRuneblade
November 16th, 2019, 19:28
I'd you have unsightly map joins Affinity Photo has a good blemish tool. I use this for joined tiles from Heroic Maps.

It's not free but it's much cheaper than Photoshop and they will probably do a deal for black friday which is coming up.

Gimp:
https://www.gimp.org/ It is completely free.

mattekure
November 16th, 2019, 19:57
Or if you dont need the full power of Gimp. Paint.net is also totally free and very easy to use. https://www.getpaint.net/

LoremasterCBurke
November 16th, 2019, 19:57
Thank you for the information. I have Gimp and trying to learn how to use it to it's full potential.