PDA

View Full Version : LFP - Star Trek Adventures Campaign

Talen
November 13th, 2019, 02:18
Interested in Star Trek or the new 2d20 Star Trek Adventures Ruelset? I am starting a Star Trek Adventures Campaign. Here are the details.

It will be set in the timeline of The Original Series. Players may make their own PC's or use a PreGen.
The game will be streamed and player cameras are required.
Discord will be used for Voice
It will run weekly on Thursdays starting at 9pm Eastern Time.
Each session will be 3 hours.
I have the Ultimate License and players new to FG, Star Trek, or the Star Trek Adventures Ruleset are welcome.
First session will be Thursday, December 5.
If you are interested in playing in the game, please post here and apply on the Game Calendar at https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=3669

As we start the campaign, you are each newly commissioned Starfleet officers about to embark on your 5-year mission of deep space exploration.

CAPTAIN’S LOG, STARDATE 1416.4
We leave Starbase 4 ready for what’s out there, for what lies beyond the edge of known space.
She’s a fine ship with a fine crew, one of the best in the fleet. I could not be more proud to be
their captain. This five-year mission into the unknown is one we have prepared for all our lives.
And I’ll be honest, it promises to be a fine adventure.

Preliminary Crew So Far...
Lindorandir: Andorian Security Officer
Penumbra 131: Caitian Helmsman
T'Prok: Vulcan Medical Officer

Penumbra131
November 13th, 2019, 04:47
Hi Talen,

I'd be interested in playing as a Science Officer on the campaign.

Aaron

JeffKnight
November 13th, 2019, 23:15
I am interested in joining. My days off in December are Wednesday night, and can't be changed due to advent service commitments, but I could join in January.

Talen
November 13th, 2019, 23:36
Welcome Penumbra131 - Science office sounds like a good start to the crew.
JeffKnight, the campaign will start December 5, but you are welcome top join in when your work schedule changes - we will find a way to work you into the story at that time.

For those of you creating characters - if you aren't already aware, there is an online character generator that lets you generate pdf's of your characters at https://sta.modiphiusapps.hostinguk.org/

darkpaladin45
November 14th, 2019, 01:57
I'm interested in playing an engineer in the game, and the time slot works for me.

Thanks!

-Chris

Lindorandir
November 14th, 2019, 03:38
I applied on the calendar. Can't wait! I was also hoping for science officer, but I can take security instead! Cheers

Penumbra131
November 14th, 2019, 08:00
Talen,

With the characters being newly commissioned, does that mean that we all have to chose the untapped potential for our experience?

Talen
November 14th, 2019, 08:09
Talen,

With the characters being newly commissioned, does that mean that we all have to chose the untapped potential for our experience?

We will be using the Lifepath method of creation. In step 5:Career, Untapped Potential is an automatically assigned talent. You will have the opportunity to pick others as well iin the other creation steps.

Penumbra131
November 14th, 2019, 10:05
I applied on the calendar. Can't wait! I was also hoping for science officer, but I can take security instead! Cheers

If you're really keen on the Science Officer, I'm happy to do something different and create a Conn/Command character.

Penumbra131
November 14th, 2019, 10:06
We will be using the Lifepath method of creation. In step 5:Career, Untapped Potential is an automatically assigned talent. You will have the opportunity to pick others as well iin the other creation steps.

Ok cool. Can we use all books and species as per the character creator?

Talen
November 14th, 2019, 12:17
Ok cool. Can we use all books and species as per the character creator?

Yes- provided they can be used in the Orignal Series timeline.

Lindorandir
November 14th, 2019, 12:35
Are we going to have a session zero to make characters or would you rather us show up with characters already made? Also are we going to be picking our ship or do you have one already selected?

Lindorandir
November 14th, 2019, 13:01
If you're really keen on the Science Officer, I'm happy to do something different and create a Conn/Command character.

You can have science officer if you want. My mind has sort of already moved on to an Andorian security officer! Although if we have six players there may be two of some things? I guess I'm open for whatever.

Talen
November 14th, 2019, 14:01
Are we going to have a session zero to make characters or would you rather us show up with characters already made? Also are we going to be picking our ship or do you have one already selected?

I would like to do the following:

1.[Update] We will kickoff the campaign AND conduct the Session 0 on 12/5, [Not 11/21 as I originally indicated].

2. I would like players to send me pdfs of their PC's before that session 0. However if you are new to Star Trek Adventures, we can complete your character at that time. The online generator I linked to earlier is very helpful and character generation is fairly simple in this ruleset.

3. What I would like to accomplish at the session 0 is to resolve tech issues, test camera and mic levels, introduce PC's, walkthrough the star trek ruleset mechanics and layout, and decide on your ship and name. I will have a ship for you BUT if you would all like to create your ship together, that is fine during this session as well.

Please dm me in discord and I will send the discord server info for our session 0.

Lindorandir
November 17th, 2019, 18:20
Howdy all! I can't wait to get your opinions on the ships we might possibly call home! So here are the original series ships that are listed in both the core rulebook as well as the Command Division Supplement. There are also a couple ships here that are really old, more like from Enterprise era, but had long service lives and lasted into the OS era. I don't have strong opinions on which ship we use but I like to see what they look like and learn about their capabilities. I think my favorites are the Daedalus and the Hermes. Which one is your favorite? Least favorite? Let's talk ship!

Constellation Class Entered Service:2285 Scale 4

Constitution Class Entered Service:2243 Scale 4

Excelsior Class Entered Service 2285 Scale 5

Miranda Class Entered Service:2274 Scale 4

Daedalus Class Entered Service:2140 Scale 3

Lindorandir
November 17th, 2019, 18:25
Hermes Class Entered Service:2242 Scale 4

Oberth Class Entered Service:2269 Scale 3

Sydney Class Entered Service:2279 Scale 4

Centaur Class Entered Service 2285 Scale 4

Talen
November 17th, 2019, 19:19
Where did u find the pictures....they’ll make for nice tokens! I also found some new sound sources that should be fun for those that are interested.

JeffKnight
November 17th, 2019, 19:37
I could mesh together some stats for Discovery-era type ships too based on known lengths and Star Trek Online documents approved by CBS....

Lindorandir
November 17th, 2019, 19:54
Where did u find the pictures....they’ll make for nice tokens!

Just serch results from google images.

Penumbra131
November 17th, 2019, 21:58
My favourite out of all of them is the Excelsior class. I always liked it size and the look of it.

However, it may be a little big, especially if the main characters are a group of newly minted officers.

I assume that our mission profile would most likely be a Multi-role Explorer, or Pathfinder and Scientific, and the Constitution best fit into this profile.

However, I would prefer either the Miranda or Oberth as they have slightly better stats, and I like having extensive shuttlebays or hi-res sensors.

Lindorandir
November 18th, 2019, 23:25
I could mesh together some stats for Discovery-era type ships too based on known lengths and Star Trek Online documents approved by CBS....

That sounds fun but to be honest I know very little about the era. I haven't quite absorbed that show yet..

Talen
November 19th, 2019, 12:19
Just a status update while we wait for game day ..
I have the talents for every published book input into fg for our game and I am progressing with other things we are likely to use (gear, species, upbringing, NPCs etc.)

My hope is to have reference modules for every book complete, but at the very least, the ruleset will be completely functional on game day.

I've received the character sheet for your Caitian helmsman and he is input as well. I'll add the others as I receive them. If you want to make supporting cast characters ahead of time along with your bridge officers, feel free to do so.

I'll repost this in discord later this evening as we are currently a bit scattered in our conversations, but everyone has checked in so we are game on in December.

Lindorandir
November 19th, 2019, 13:44
Just a status update while we wait for game day ..

I've received the character sheet for your Caitian helmsman and he is input as well. I'll add the others as I receive them.
Who is the Caitian helsman?! That's fun!

Penumbra131
November 20th, 2019, 05:10
Who is the Caitian helsman?! That's fun!

That's my character! :)

Lindorandir
November 23rd, 2019, 17:04
That's my character! :)

Well I made a security officer so it looks like science officer is still on the table :)

Talen
November 23rd, 2019, 17:11
If you haven done so, please join Rob's Star Trek channel for voice and text on Discord. I believe I sent everyone a link, but if you don't have access to the voice and chat, drop Rob a DM in Discord.

Thane
December 2nd, 2019, 20:14
Greetings!

Late to the game here, but is their still availability? Or perhaps it will be streamed?

I cannot wait for the release of the commercial product.

Thanks!

darkpaladin45
December 2nd, 2019, 20:38
Sorry, but work is going to be crazy the next month, so I'll have to drop for now. I might try to join after the first of the year, if there is still an opening.

Thanks!

Talen
December 3rd, 2019, 11:58
Thane, if you are interested, we do have room for 1 more and we will be streaming. If you would like to play, the game is this Thursday, apply to the calendar and send me your character sheet. Drop me a line if you have any questions.

Greetings!

Late to the game here, but is their still availability? Or perhaps it will be streamed?

I cannot wait for the release of the commercial product.

Thanks!

Thane
December 4th, 2019, 02:36
Thane, if you are interested, we do have room for 1 more and we will be streaming. If you would like to play, the game is this Thursday, apply to the calendar and send me your character sheet. Drop me a line if you have any questions.

Excellent. Let me get a cam working. Thanks Talen.

davidbofinger
December 4th, 2019, 09:00

The calendar has multiple players listed as "pending", including me. Is there something we should be doing, other than applying, to say we'd like to play?

Talen
December 4th, 2019, 12:02
Sorry if you didn't get a PM or email davidbowfinger - I thought I sent them to everyone - Interested players should send me their character sheet (posting in the forum is fine) and confirm they have a camera as we will be streaming. Currently we have 4 confirmed players - 2 have indicated their crew position and are listed in the first post in this thread. I have not accepted any calendar invites unless I have spoken with the person or received their character sheet (I've had too many blind calendar applications where I never heard from the player again).

Talen
December 5th, 2019, 11:50
Gamenight is tonight! Please check your cameras, mics, and update FG before tonight. We will be running in Rob's discord channel - DM me or Rob if you havent received the link yet. I will be at work most of the day, but will try to respond asap and before game time. We have 3 character rolls submitted already (first post of the thread) and 2 more will be completed today.

Talen
January 10th, 2020, 16:19
Looking for 1, possibly 2 more to join the current crew. See first post for game details.

Art Wendorf
January 11th, 2020, 13:43
Super interested. What crew positions need to be filled?

About me: I'm a Gemini and enjoy long walks with... er... uh... I'm an over 50 year old dude who has some experience with FG as I ran a multi-year 5e game. I have very little experience with STA though. I have the books. Read the core rulebook and watched some youtube Actual Plays (Shield of Tomorrow).

My setup: I have headphones and a good mike. A camera if needed. Discord is installed and ready to go as well.

About my availability: Full transparency!

I'd be available most Thursdays. However, from time to time, I'm on Call at the Hospital so would be at the whim of fate. For example, in Jan & Feb, I'm on Call on one Thursday (which means that I typically am out of the hospital at 7:30-ish and home by 8-ish Central Standard Time. Buuuut sometimes an emergency case comes in and I'm working all day and night in the OR. I can sometimes trade my Call shift, but not always.

I also have a week long cruise the first week of February. After that, I don't have another vacation until the end of May.

Talen
January 11th, 2020, 15:41
The primary officer characters are currently

Joran Tyr- Trill Commanding Officer
R'Rha- Caitian Science Officer
Shraz Tharhat- Andorian Chief of Security

I believe the crew was hoping for a Chief of Engineering, but you would be free to play whatever role you like. In addition, you can make up whatever alternate junior crew members you would like.

Art Wendorf
January 11th, 2020, 21:33
I believe the crew was hoping for a Chief of Engineering, ...Done. I'll make a couple up tonight or tomorrow using the Modiphius Character Generator and get them sent off to ya or posted here.

Art Wendorf
January 12th, 2020, 20:49
I used the Modiphius Character Generator and did the random rolls options. I really like how this guy came out. Meet Lieutenant Shon Zynes, Andorian Chief Engineer. A fiery Andorian raised on Vulcan, he is constantly fighting against his urge to throat punch people who irritate him and think calm and collectedly about the task at hand.

Art Wendorf
January 12th, 2020, 21:10
Also created two support crew: Petty Officer Aaron Verber, Human Security Personnel and Crewman Reban Grax, Bajoran Science Personnel.

Talen
January 14th, 2020, 10:16
Looks good Art. If you are able, lets plan to meet up a little earlier than game time to walk through the basics and test connections. Give a shout if you have any questions before hand. My Discord handle is in the calendar entry.

Art Wendorf
January 14th, 2020, 22:55
Sure! I'll be home about 1.5 hours before start time on Thursday (9 pm EST is 8 pm CST. I get off work at 6. Home by 6:30-7 CST). Just let me know when. Thank you much for letting me join.