PDA

View Full Version : Bug with version 1.2.3

BlackMagee
November 13th, 2019, 01:55
Good evenings,

Me and my player are currently creating some character and we have some weird bugs for the ownership of the character sheets.
In short, one of my player left and came back and his ''lost'' the ownership of his character. I trier to clear the owner for his character and all character got their ownership cleared. When they try to get their character back, the first who click on his character got ownership of ALL character.

Is there something I can do for this? Like manually assigning owner for character? It was working fine last week.

EDIT: I tried restarting fantasy grounds and we still have this problem. I have also notice that some modification they did on their character was lost in the process. (One player lost his feats he had recently added)

Samarex
November 13th, 2019, 02:06
Good evenings,

Me and my player are currently creating some character and we have some weird bugs for the ownership of the character sheets.
In short, one of my player left and came back and his ''lost'' the ownership of his character. I trier to clear the owner for his character and all character got their ownership cleared. When they try to get their character back, the first who click on his character got ownership of ALL character.

Is there something I can do for this? Like manually assigning owner for character? It was working fine last week.

EDIT: I tried restarting fantasy grounds and we still have this problem. I have also notice that some modification they did on their character was lost in the process. (One player lost his feats he had recently added)

Working on a fix for it right now....

deer_buster
November 13th, 2019, 02:06
I blame Laendra for that bug...sorry. Working on a hotfix...

BlackMagee
November 13th, 2019, 02:09
Wow, you guys are faster than lightning ^^ thanks for the help!

Samarex
November 13th, 2019, 02:49
Fix has been applied and requested to be push Live.
Look for 1.2.3a

Might want to release all characters before updating to clear up DB then after update just re-select Characters and everything should be good.

deer_buster
November 13th, 2019, 03:13
Wow, you guys are faster than lightning ^^ thanks for the help!

We keep a watchful eye on the forums and discord on release days... :) Also, I just experienced it about a half-hour before you posted.

BlackMagee
November 13th, 2019, 23:04
Is it live now? Im still having the issue right now. (Im using steam)

Samarex
November 13th, 2019, 23:07
Is it live now? Im still having the issue right now. (Im using steam)

Working on it. Don't look like its Live yet.

Samarex
November 13th, 2019, 23:23
Working on it. Don't look like its Live yet.

Here is the Hot Fix in the form of a extension.
You can load this until the Live server gets updated.
Once its Live then you can delete the extension.

Let me know if you have any issues...

BlackMagee
November 13th, 2019, 23:23
Where do I put this extension?

Samarex
November 13th, 2019, 23:28

in your extension dir
If your not sure where that is. Open FG and on the loader below the X is a File Icon. This will open your Data Dir. You then should see a Dir extensions put it in that folder.

Then Reload FG and when you load the campaign you get a list of extension. Look for HOT FIX 1.2.3 and select it

BlackMagee
November 13th, 2019, 23:35
I must say, that make sense.. I'm dumb x) Its working fine now, Thanks a lot for the support!

Samarex
November 13th, 2019, 23:38
I must say, that make sense.. I'm dumb x) Its working fine now, Thanks a lot for the support!

No Problem that's what I'm here for.

Just remember watch for the actual update and once you got that yo can delete the ext.

Calchas
November 14th, 2019, 02:11

deer_buster
November 14th, 2019, 18:19
v1.2.3a hotfix is live. You can disable your extensions now...

FG_Dave
November 15th, 2019, 04:36

After you download the extension you will add the extension to your extensions folder which is located on the start up screen in the upper right corner. Then open that and add the extension file to the extensions folder.

Then shut the program down and restart it.

Then when you select your startfinder campaign you can turn on the special extension in the campaign details program.

Once the update for this goes live I would recommend turning off the extension.

Samarex
November 15th, 2019, 07:20
This extension is no longer required,
Revision 1.2.3a is now LIVE

FG_Dave
November 15th, 2019, 07:24
This extension is no longer required,
Revision 1.2.3a is now LIVE

Thanks Russell