PDA

View Full Version : License question

Zandel
November 12th, 2019, 12:58
If I buy the ultimate license and my players are using the demo, can they access their character sheets when not logged into my game?

Trenloe
November 12th, 2019, 13:46
They can access it in read-only mode through the "Manage Characters" campaign interface on the same computer they used to join your game - as the PC data used during the game is cached locally on the player computer, but the cache can't be changed, in case someone changes the data in the GMs campaign, which is the master data.

If the player needs to change any details they can export from Manage Characters and re-import into manage characters (using the ruleset interface, not the campaign cache interface) as long as the player has a copy of the ruleset (i.e. if it's a commercial ruleset then they need to have bought a copy). Then they can import their PC that they previously exported and make changes. When they join the campaign next they can upload the new PC. It's a little bit of a faff, but it's needed to maintain the integrity of the data on the GMs campaign with a re-usable cache local to the PC (to reduce data share times).

Nylanfs
November 12th, 2019, 14:21
Alternately let them know you will have your machine up at x times and they can update then.

Zandel
November 12th, 2019, 14:48
Thanks!

vegaserik
November 14th, 2019, 06:19
Alternately let them know you will have your machine up at x times and they can update then.

Probably the easiest way, and you don't even have to be there.