PDA

View Full Version : The effects and IFT and IF

i3ullseye
November 12th, 2019, 01:05
Wondering what (if any) changes we might see here. Right now, IF and IFT can only really check for conditions, not for things like resists. So right now, there is no way to build into a spell or other effect a way to check if the target has an immunity first. For example some feats or class abilities may allow a Wizard to ignore a targets fire resistance. Currently nothing can check for this, and you don't want to automatically apply Vulnerability to overcome it, because then on targets without resistance you do double damage.

Any chance that IF and IFT might be expanding their scope?

LordEntrails
November 12th, 2019, 01:27
I suspect the answer for some time is nothing. The stated intent for the initial FGU release to basically be the same as FGC with the improvement of 64 bit architecture, networking, and new image controls (i.e. dynamic line of sight, layers, effects).

I suggest that if you want to request or suggest any enhancements, that you do so by putting them on the official wishlist. Right now the devs are head down are getting FGU to work as is, not enhancing it. And any suggestions in the forums are likely to be lost before they will have a chance to think of such things. But, the wishlist is where they will go to look for ideas.
https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/

i3ullseye
November 12th, 2019, 06:44
Ok thanks. I know there is a wishlist, I was just wondering what might be hidden under the hood we aren't aware of just yet.

LordEntrails
November 12th, 2019, 16:35
No problem. Hope I didnt come across cranky ;)