PDA

View Full Version : General Fantasy Ground 5E questions

Zandel
November 11th, 2019, 12:57
So, I am currently using Maptool. I am running the Lost Mines of Phandelver and I am getting ready to transition to Storm King's Thunder. Having all the module content would be a great boon, but I have some questions

1. Are the UA classes available in Fantasy ground either as standard content, or community designed content? I can code a bit, but my reasoning for buying a new VTT would be so I don't have to, otherwise I would stick with Maptool.

2. If Community designed, where are the extensions for the UA content found?

3. How long does it usual take a new UA class to become available.

Thanks,

Z

StoryWeaver
November 11th, 2019, 14:10
Welcome to the forums!

You could have a look here:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?35461-Unearthed-Arcana-Module

and here:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.php?id=WOTC5EUA

The above module is also available through Steam if you purchase FG there.

I don't use the above but it's a place to start.

In general though adding a few new classes for your players in FG doesn't take all that long.

I should know as I've created a number of modules myself containing everything from monster manuals to campaign sourcebooks with races, classes, items etc. to be used in my own games.

LordEntrails
November 11th, 2019, 16:30
Note, only UA content from 2018 or newer is available (WotC revoked FG distribution rights for older content). But, you can use the GUI to create any class or UA feature you want (as well as recreate a PHB, thrid party source, etc). No coding necessary as long as you are not adding some sort of function that is not already available (i.e. you would have to make an extension if you wanted an ability that automated something like "roll a 1d6, and then if you roll a one roll 1d4, if you rolled a 2 then roll 1d4 and add the average of your strength and dex bonus, if you roll...")

Zandel
November 11th, 2019, 17:54
Thank you for the replies!

Myrdin Potter
November 14th, 2019, 17:35
Note, only UA content from 2018 or newer is available (WotC revoked FG distribution rights for older content). But, you can use the GUI to create any class or UA feature you want (as well as recreate a PHB, thrid party source, etc). No coding necessary as long as you are not adding some sort of function that is not already available (i.e. you would have to make an extension if you wanted an ability that automated something like "roll a 1d6, and then if you roll a one roll 1d4, if you rolled a 2 then roll 1d4 and add the average of your strength and dex bonus, if you roll...")

They never had distribution rights for UA. There was a fan made one, that was stopped on DMS Guild. Then WoTC worked with their digital partners for newer material. UA is playtest, it is not in WoTC's interest to work on or make widely available years old content that is already in books in an official manner or rejected.