PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder 2: APG Classes Playtest

kaernunnos
November 11th, 2019, 02:42
Since the full book has since been released, I'm removing this file as it is no longer needed.

For those looking to use the new playtest classes in FG I have created a module containing the Classes, Feats, and Spells as presented in the Paizo Blog https://paizo.com/community/blog/v5748dyo6sh04?Welcome-to-the-Advanced-Player-s-Guide-Playtest
I did by best to copy the formatting of current classes in the PF2 ruleset, and preliminary testing seems to have it working correctly with the character creation tracker.

Some notes:
Once the APG releases next Summer this file will no longer be available.

Edits:
Nov 13 Finisher and Retort traits were missed in my first pass. Updated to include these traits.
Nov 15 Fixed typo in Swashbuckler key ability.
Jan 8 Updated Armor proficiency to properly automate with Release 12 automation

ash777
November 11th, 2019, 03:33
Thank you a bunch for this. I have a player that loves her witch class. I had started to work on it, but you did a great job and I definitely will be using this immediately!

Trenloe
November 11th, 2019, 15:44
Great work!

Added to the community module list here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50274-Pathfinder-Second-Edition-community-modules

theMaXX
November 12th, 2019, 19:54
Very nice!

kaernunnos
November 13th, 2019, 11:46
Seems I forgot to add the traits Retort and Finisher for the swashbuckler's feats. I updated the file to include these.

Trenloe
November 13th, 2019, 17:58
Nice work kaernunnos!

Yesterday's update to the PFRPG2 ruleset (release 9) has the class names from the APG playtest added to the "Feats" Trait filter (which also allows the "Class" button in the chargen tracker to filter correctly), and for the two classes with focus spells (the oracle and witch) these class names are added to the Class filter in the "Spells" campaign data list.

kaernunnos
November 15th, 2019, 04:09
Thanks again Trenloe.

vyruxx
November 15th, 2019, 09:56
greetings there is a bug in the SWASHBUCKLER that makes the tracker not advance

kaernunnos
November 15th, 2019, 10:34
Oops. Minor typo. Fixed

Witterbox
November 16th, 2019, 03:26
Wow! Thanks so Much!

We are streaming/podcasting a 7th level adventure and this is going to save us a ton of time because we are focusing on the playtest classes!

kaernunnos
January 8th, 2020, 07:07
Changed the way armor proficiency is worded so the automation added in Release 12 properly parses to the Combat Tab. Not sure if it was the lack of a period or the newline character that stopped it, but works now.

jmspencer
February 4th, 2020, 21:56
There seems to be a bug in the Witch spells per day, at least at 1st level. It's saying 2 first level (as Wizard), but they get 3.

kaernunnos
February 5th, 2020, 00:51
I'll look at it when I get off work to be sure, but I believe this is due to the base spellcaster rules in the PF2 ruleset since I don't recall any place to set the spells per level in the class. You can manually adjust the spell slots on the actions tab as a work around.

tuesdaynightgm
March 12th, 2020, 19:10
I've got a player that is running a Battle Oracle. Any recommendations on how to implement that effects of Call to Arms and the curses? I couldn't find anything in this module, but I might have missed something. I was basically thinking of creating a effect that applied -1 to AC and saves and have him stack it as appropriate for the curse. Just have to figure out how to do that...

kaernunnos
March 16th, 2020, 14:38
I've got a player that is running a Battle Oracle. Any recommendations on how to implement that effects of Call to Arms and the curses? I couldn't find anything in this module, but I might have missed something. I was basically thinking of creating a effect that applied -1 to AC and saves and have him stack it as appropriate for the curse. Just have to figure out how to do that...
Unfortunately I do not know of a way to add an effect into the class modules, as things like that are generally only in spells and are parsed by FG during runtime. That's why ShadeRaven's drag and drop spells and actions are all made on characters to be copied over.
As for getting the effect to work, you'd have to refer to the effects wiki: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/PFRPG2_Effects
The effect

AC: -2; SAVE: -2;
should work for the minor curse, adjusted as necessary for the stronger versions, but you'd have to apply and remove based on the character's actions manually.

Aaron The Paisley
March 21st, 2020, 19:39
Can this mod be used in FG Unity? If so, where/how do I install it?

Trenloe
March 21st, 2020, 20:36
Can this mod be used in FG Unity? If so, where/how do I install it?
I don't know if it will work - in theory it should, but I haven't tried. Give it a go - load it in <FG app data>\modules - click the folder icon in the top left of the main startup screen to get to <FG app data>

Oh, and Welcome to the FG forums!

Aaron The Paisley
March 21st, 2020, 21:37
Thanks!

Aaron The Paisley
March 23rd, 2020, 01:58
I don't know if it will work - in theory it should, but I haven't tried. Give it a go - load it in <FG app data>\modules - click the folder icon in the top left of the main startup screen to get to <FG app data>

Oh, and Welcome to the FG forums!

It works! I just didn't know where to put the file. Thanks again!