PDA

View Full Version : Limited use powers question

Felixoo7
November 11th, 2019, 02:40
I have searched but I guess maybe I am calling it the wrong thing. I know how to set the limited uses for an entire power group but I can't figure out how to do it per power like it is done in the attached image.

I checked the power group and it doesn't have the limited uses there and as best I can figure it isn't parsing it from the abilities description.

Please let me know how to set that up so my character sheets can look cleaner :) Thanks

LordEntrails
November 11th, 2019, 02:51
I always put them in different groups. Not sure you can do it on an individual power.

Zacchaeus
November 11th, 2019, 09:52
I have searched but I guess maybe I am calling it the wrong thing. I know how to set the limited uses for an entire power group but I can't figure out how to do it per power like it is done in the attached image.

I checked the power group and it doesn't have the limited uses there and as best I can figure it isn't parsing it from the abilities description.

Please let me know how to set that up so my character sheets can look cleaner :) Thanks

Click on the button next to 'Mode' at the bottom of the sheet until it says 'Preparation'. You can now set each action in any power group to a different number of uses per short or long rest.

LordEntrails
November 11th, 2019, 16:26
Click on the button next to 'Mode' at the bottom of the sheet until it says 'Preparation'. You can now set each action in any power group to a different number of uses per short or long rest.
Ooh, does their carry on indefinitely?

Zacchaeus
November 11th, 2019, 18:16
Ooh, does their carry on indefinitely?

If I understand the question, yes is the answer.

You can't have a limit in the power group and in preparation mode so you need to use one or the other. For example for Ki points or Channel Divinities you would just use the preparation in the Power Group since those are useable a number of times according to a stat bonus - no matter which action you use. When you then tick a use all of the actions get used up once (the first row of tick boxes go grey). But where you have a number of items that have a different number of uses and/or recover on short or long rests in the same Power Group, use preparation mode.

LordEntrails
November 11th, 2019, 18:47
Thx Mr Z, that answers my question. Good to know.

Felixoo7
November 11th, 2019, 19:36

Thank you. This will help organize my characters and clean up having so many power groups :)