PDA

View Full Version : Bug: Selected tokens become partially transparent when LOS enabled.

StoryWeaver
November 10th, 2019, 02:30
When an NPC token is selected, by left-clicking, when LOS is enabled, the token becomes partially transparent and hard and thus hard to see.

Please see attached image to demonstrate, the wolf at the bottom is selected in the image.

Kelrugem
November 10th, 2019, 06:06
When an NPC token is selected, by left-clicking, when LOS is enabled, the token becomes partially transparent and hard and thus hard to see.

Please see attached image to demonstrate, the wolf at the bottom is selected in the image.

I do not have this problem, is the NPC maybe accidentally hidden in the CT or via the radial menu? By your health bars I can also see that you have some extension activated, isn't it? (these white horizontal bars) Thus, did you try to recreate this also without extensions? :)

StoryWeaver
November 10th, 2019, 13:09
It is a bit of an oddity. It seems to happen to a number of the NPCs, but not all of them.

Good catch, I had in fact realized that I had my extension running after taking the screenshot. So actually restarted and turned it off to make sure it wasn't that before posting. :) Turns out it made no difference and the behavior remained.

If it's only me then maybe it's under very particular circumstances.
The testing took place over two maps (one from a module, one manually added), with few different NPCs, all set to visible, both maps had an fx on them, LOS occlusion walls, and LOS enabled.
All the tokens were clearly visible (opaque) until I actually clicked them with the. About 80%-90% of the tokens were effected, but there were like 1 or 2 that remained fully opaque even after selecting.

Come to think of it now, I think at least one of the two not affected was set as being in the "green"/"friendly" faction, where as the other ones were all set as being of the "enemies"/"red" faction.

StoryWeaver
November 10th, 2019, 13:56
After some further testing I'm able to recreate the bug consistently.
Ensured again that no extensions loaded, new map added, new NPCs added to CT.

--
As long as LOS is enabled (eye icon clicked) the following behavior is observed:

Case 1: Adding a token image from Assets directly onto the map. Then left-clicking on it will make it partially see through. This never changes until another token is clicked.

Case 2: Adding an NPC onto the combat tracker of any faction except "Friendly"/"Green". Then dragging that NPC onto the map and left-clicking on them will make them partially see through until another token is clicked.

Scenarios where this stops happening or doesn't happen:

Case 1: If the NPC entry faction is "Friendly"/"Green" (player or NPC).

Case 2: If the NPC has ever been set as "Friendly"/"Green" while in the CT.
That is if you add a "Red"/"Hostile" NPC onto the CT, then rotate through the factions, passing through "Friendly"/"Green" at least once. That token will now no longer become partially transparent when clicked.

Kelrugem
November 10th, 2019, 19:13
After some further testing I'm able to recreate the bug consistently.
Ensured again that no extensions loaded, new map added, new NPCs added to CT.

--
As long as LOS is enabled (eye icon clicked) the following behavior is observed:

Case 1: Adding a token image from Assets directly onto the map. Then left-clicking on it will make it partially see through. This never changes until another token is clicked.

Case 2: Adding an NPC onto the combat tracker of any faction except "Friendly"/"Green". Then dragging that NPC onto the map and left-clicking on them will make them partially see through until another token is clicked.

Scenarios where this stops happening or doesn't happen:

Case 1: If the NPC entry faction is "Friendly"/"Green" (player or NPC).

Case 2: If the NPC has ever been set as "Friendly"/"Green" while in the CT.
That is if you add a "Red"/"Hostile" NPC onto the CT, then rotate through the factions, passing through "Friendly"/"Green" at least once. That token will now no longer become partially transparent when clicked.

Thanks, I was able to reproduce now and I found out why you have this behaviour (also with the faction cycling): These tokens' visibility is per standard on mask sensitive visibility and all mask sensitive visible tokens seemingly have this behaviour :) Friendly tokens not, therefore you didn't see it there (the friendly faction changes the visibility permanently, but right-clicking on it and changing to mask sensitivity also reproduces this behaviour for friendly tokens by the way) :)

EDIT: Tested further: It seems that mask sensitive tokens "think" they are in a FoW when clicked on them although one didn't define one. Defining FoW and then clearing it again resolves this issue :) Seemingly the tokens then "know" there is no fog when clicked on them :)

Moon Wizard
November 12th, 2019, 17:30
Thanks for reporting. I've filed as FGU-711.

Regards,
JPG